Surface Duo vs Pixel 5

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, it looks like I will be choosing between P5XL and MSDUO
I like plain vanilla Android and Google monthly update, if Microsoft can keep the same update then I may get the Duo

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That's pretty neat!

I'm not really into foldable technology but it's still a really neat concept.

With that being said, the Pixel 5 is definitely on my watchlist.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I loved my Lumia ICON, and held onto it for 4 years before purchasing my Pixel 2 at Christmas 2017. I would love to get back into a Windows phone ... I love all of my Microsoft apps, Microsoft Launcher, and Outlook on Android, so it should be a very nice experience. I'm not so sure, though, about a heavier, folding phone. It probably wouldn't be very pocketable.

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how calls are handled. There seems to be no outside display. Maybe that part has not been developed yet, still early. Will be an interesting device to watch none-the-less.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how calls are handled. There seems to be no outside display. Maybe that part has not been developed yet, still early. Will be an interesting device to watch none-the-less.

No outside camera lenses either. Still, I will be interested in seeing what it can do when it finally does come out.

merlin29

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Pixel 5 without question, buying the Microsoft duo is expensive and risky updates will be slow and with Microsoft they will probably abandon it after a short time and you will be on your own, ask any windows phone owner,

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I have been using the Duo as my daily driver since almost release day and most of the kinks have been worked out. I wouldn't bank on MS abandoning the Duo just yet.

Orangejuicizzle

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I think Microsoft is going to support this device for a bit. It's just a new market for their Surface division. I mean, the January update personally has removed a lot of the software kinks I would see. They are still there, but the device is a lot more responsive and less prone to errors.

Really eager to see what Android 11 will do, if anything (my hopes are admittedly pretty high).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress