[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

orchid5683

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I also found this way to be simple and no PC required. Easier than using the PC to do my Samsung Fascinate before I had the Rise. Actually I had to use Poot and Ministro II, but some of the latest reviews are saying that Ministro was updated and isn't working with Poot properly...this may have been fixed, just be aware. :)

diesilently3

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to use the RunMe.bat, but it gets stuck saying "If all is successful i will tel you, if not this shell will run forever" And it has stayed like this for the past thirty minutes. What should I do, all i want to do is turn off the annoying shutter sound.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to use the RunMe.bat, but it gets stuck saying "If all is successful i will tel you, if not this shell will run forever" And it has stayed like this for the past thirty minutes. What should I do, all i want to do is turn off the annoying shutter sound.

Don't use that method to root your Rise. Use this one:

Kyocera Rise v4.0.4 Root Procedure ? No PC Required - xda-developers

It also works for several other Kyocera Android phones. I used this successfully to root an Event.

mikeles666

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey man,
first of all - really appreciate your post. So - I did all the steps, I got my kyocera rooted, set up the hotspot, all seems to be fine, it connects via wifi, even shows 'internet access' but..
For example, Skype does work, but I cannot open any page using a browser. I checked at least 3 browsers. So basically, there is internet, but I cannot browse.
What could be the reason?
thanks a lot.
Mike.

Pizza34444

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Ive tried multiple times, it is stuck on "checking if i should run on normal mode or special sony etc." do you have a solution? i know this is kinda old, but yea. Any help is appreciated

torqued-user

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I am literally sick, sick SICK of reading half-baked, sketchy posts about this damned Kyocera phone. NONE of the methods across a multitude of sites worked. There's certainly enough ***-patting and self congratulating going on here for the ones the root method works for, but I read tons of posts from people just like me for whom the root tools did not work for and for the most part - very little is done to explain anything, troubleshoot the issue, or offer a solution. If just one of you guys took 10 minutes to write a decent instruction guide and bothered to check your facts, there wouldn't be all this confusion and BS.I'm so over this - going back over to XDA.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
what is your version, 4.0.3 or 4.0.4? I used the poot method and it worked; Mine is 4.0.4, original bought. I heard it is more difficult once you upgraded. another root method I think will work too,https://towelroot.com/. I am already root, can't try myself. Report back if it work. oh, BTW, does update the rise lose your root? Thanks,

It is too old, the link wont work any more, try this one, http://www.androidpot.net/download?apk=/server3/tr3.apk, or just google yourself

bun

Last edited:

BitchyBanana

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
DO NOT use towelroot. It installs malware. Everyone who needs to root a rise as well as any other type of phone, please download the app "How to Root for Android" from the play store. It had a few different ways on there, more than what I found on the internet, and I tried two of them before the third finally rooted my phone.

BitchyBanana

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Kyocera Rise and that method did NOT work in rooting my phone. I tried multiple times with poot and none of them worked. I don't recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38