Aaaaaaaaand

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It sucked!

Tell me how you would finish the beginning of my sentence.

AAAAAAAND ___________________________________

Explain please....

I think it was terrible

the concept is old and outdated, the simultasking thing Engadget says actually just hibernates apps, the processor is getting outdated and the OS is old too.

Industry first sure, but not innovation, not by a long shot.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
And half the times we consumers don't have a clue to what we want either, so what's the point. You want a phone that is as powerful as a I7-980X, it isn't going happen anytime soon. Sometimes reality has to happen.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
And half the times we consumers don't have a clue to what we want either, so what's the point. You want a phone that is as powerful as a I7-980X, it isn't going happen anytime soon. Sometimes reality has to happen.

No, I don't actually. I want a smartphone like an iPhone or the Atrix or whatever. My point is that they don't understand what we want as a smartphone. A 4.3 inch screen in my opinion (my EVO) is a bit too large, but it still can function as a smartphone. At a certain point, it doesn't make sense to create something like the Echo. This is all opinion, but what I want is a phone that has basic functionality LIKE a computer (not a copy of a computer) and many others do too.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Would that mean a new account for you? lol I have hopes for Palm (or not).

Even if Palm comes up with a better device in a couple of days, developers are busy with iOS and Android....new apps will take a while.

I am going to be following the Palm/HP festivities with interest however on the 9th, just because it will hold me over to next week, MWC.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry WebOS just doesn't seem to have the good dev support that Android and (sadly) iOS have.

Sent from my Nexus S

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Even if Palm comes up with a better device in a couple of days, developers are busy with iOS and Android....new apps will take a while.

I am going to be following the Palm/HP festivities with interest however on the 9th, just because it will hold me over to next week, MWC.

Agreed. I am quite curious, but also, next week sounds even more interesting.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The only thing about the "Echo" that bothers me is going back to a smaller size screen.

The Echo might not be the phone for YOU, but it might be for others. This is the first Dual-Screen phone made public. Yet still it bring disappointments. I'm happy to test it out first... then I'll make my Judgement.

Last edited:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The only thing about the "Echo" that bothers me is going back to a smaller size screen.

The Echo might not be the phone for YOU, but it might be for others. This is the first Dual-Core phone made public. Yet still it bring disappointments. I'm happy to test it out first... then I'll make my Judgement.

It's not dual-core, but dual-screen...I'm assuming you just mistyped that. TBH, I have no idea who the phone is for.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It would have been better with dual core, each core can dedicate acceleration for one screen. It looked super buggy for the public to demo. David Blaine was there for no reason, that was so stupid.

Sent from my Nexus S

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It would have been better with dual core, each core can dedicate acceleration for one screen. It looked super buggy for the public to demo. David Blaine was there for no reason, that was so stupid.

Sent from my Nexus S

It would have been better, but you still may (emphasis on MAY) have battery issues to get you through the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87