How to Root the Echo

miquiztli

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
if you have gingerbread for the echo 2.3.4 and are still unrooted head over to Heartheecho.webs.com front page tells ya how to root the echo.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there is a one-click root again but it requires a PC. It should be on heartheecho, please to stand by and try later if the site is currently down.

IAmBroom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Had to replace my Echo, and now I can't root - although my previous Echo was rooted.

I've installed z4root.apk, allowed Unknown Sources and USB Debugging, and get to the Temporary/Permanent screen in z4root. It runs for a bit, then crashes.

Help?

Software version 2.002sp
Android version 2.3.4 Gingerbread

IAmBroom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Monkz8897, I was finally able to root mine (2.3.4, 2.006sp!) using an installer I found on the web... Sigh, unfortunately, I'm not sure now where I found it, as I was going through EVERY site, desperate like you are, to root my replacement after I broke a screen. (FRICKETY FRACK my previous IDENTICAL echo was rooted!!!)

It's password-protected, because my anti-virus thinks the root tools are viruses (virus-like). If you don't trust this package (your call!), you can at least use the filenames to hunt down the software on other forums... But, FWIW, on my honor the package is just as I found it.

The attachment was too big, so here's a link.

You may need to hunt down a different version of the file sy11_adb_setup_x86.exe for your (desktop or laptop) computer processor type:
sy11_adb_setup_x64.zip
sy11_adb_setup_x86.zip
sy11_ndis_setup_x86.zip
sy11_setup.zip

Last edited:

IAmBroom

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The password is "echo". It's in the filename, but I should have included it in my text above.

BTW, after getting a new phone from Sprint, this isn't working for me anymore. :'(

pjpires

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. I got a replacement yesterday only to find that its already flashed to 2.006SP from the shop. :-(. I tried to restore to factory settings but it sticks.. I guess no root for this for now..:-(

punker512

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.I tried it and it worked great.Do I need to root again if I hard reset the phone?

should't have to onyl way to go back to stock, as far as I know, is a reflash with stock roms or reflash through manufacturers, for example samsung, regardles of warrenty status, will do a free s/w rreflash

Jim Paddock

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have really enjoyed finding out so much about Android, etc. You folks are great!!
Anyway, here is my problem. I bought a Kyocera M9300 (Echo) and would like to root it. I will be using it only for music, ocassional Netflicks and you Tube. So I would like to to get rid of all the Sprint bloatware on it (Nascar, Games, etc.) I tried z4mod dowloaded direct to the Echo, but all it does it get stuck trying to "running exploit in order to obtain root access". So that is kind of worthless unless someone has a magic trick.
So then I tried the one from xda-developers and set up the drivers, the Echo RootMe file and the program that is supposed to set up the computer to root the Echo when connected to the computer. The root me batch starts and tries to load, but then says "it can't create busybox or superuser.apk and su because permission is denied. Any suggestions? i followed all the instructions to the letter (I'm very detail oriented). Help!!,