My RCA Android tablet is running very slow, what can I do to speed it up?

A

AC Question

My rca android tablet is running very slow.what can i do to speed it up

Help speed up my RCA android tablet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My rca android tablet is running very slow.what can i do to speed it up

Welcome to Android Central! A few things to try:

1. Reboot.
2. Go to Settings>Storage, tap Cached Data, and see if there's an option to Clear Cached Data.
3. If you're using a "RAM Booster/Cleaner/Optimizer" app, uninstall it--those don't do anything useful, and can actually impact performance.
4. If you're having problems with slow download or webpage loading speeds, see if it happens on a different wi-fi network.

Lynn Rawls

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Set your tablet to developer options (hit build number 7 times and become a developer.) Go to the three animation settings and change them from 1 to.5. Speeds up loading a lot

cargojacker

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Set your tablet to developer options (hit build number 7 times and become a developer.) Go to the three animation settings and change them from 1 to.5. Speeds up loading a lot

Turn them all off..
but that only makes the visual part speed up allthough it clears up performance..

get this app "hibernate" from the appstore.. then the first time, tick everything it's checkbox.. and press hibernate.. permissive apps will be removed from the hibernate list automatically.. basically all the processes you never use you want to put out of commission..

then in settings > apps
disable every stock app that you are sure that never gets used
from the calculator to google books app, if you never use a printer disable the printer related processes.. any app or process you are not sure that it never gets used , dont disable it.
the real core apps that android needs cant be disabled anyways but there are a few apps that can crash your android.. biggest example: the google app, while the chrome app can be disabled the google app is always used by the system.

plenty of lists online what you can freeze [hibernate] or disable..
hibernation = force stopping an app which is still availlable for when it's called by another process that needs it.
Disabling = putting the app totally out of commission,unresponsive to any call..

in fact i use Greenify [with donation package < system apps hibernation] + "hibernate" on a RCA Voyager 3 and it lets me play heavy duty games "Jade Empire" or "Bully" reasonably lagless.. i have a memory booster running but its set only on 85% capacity which my ram never/hardly gets to, the booster has an autostart [blocker] function which i use..

pretty much said i have at idle state about 50% of ram availlable

you might want to try the "RootBooster" app from the playstore which runs scripts 1x.. choose the speed mode.. even tho it has root in it's name it works on non rooted devices too.. i mostly at a new set up start with this app.. run extreme speed script and then add the hibernation apps and my mem booster last.. and then start filling up the white lists..