Second Thoughts on Galaxy Tab 10.1 Purchase

Better Tablet Purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been set on picking up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 since I saw it announced. Everything about it looked great and I was very impressed with how light it is. With the Tab about to go on sale everywhere, I am now seeing places like Costco drop the price of the Motorola Xoom to $499. Since the Galaxy Tab does not have a Micro SD slot, do you think the Xoom may be the better option (I know that the Micro SD slot doesn't work on the Xoom now, but I'm sure it will eventually)?

Motorola XOOM WiFi Goes On Sale at Costco for $499 Plus Free Gel Case - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
There are only two tablets I'd even consider; the Tab, or the Transformer. I decided the Tab because I was a sucker for it's hardware design; otherwise I'd definitely get the Transformer, it's powerful and cheap, you can't go wrong! :)

On the SD card issue though, it doesn't worry me much. I have a Nexus S, had it since launch day. Still haven't used the whole 16GB and I have my entire music collection and a lot of games on it. I think I'll be fine. :)

Last edited:

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that are going to order the Thrive, are you concerned about updates? I played with a Xoom and the thing the killed me was the weight of the device. I think using it as an e-reader would be tough. That's probably the number one thing that attracts me to the Tab 10.1 is the weight and thinness.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll Take Trans Over Thin

If you want tne thinnest tab possilbe, then the Samsung wins hands-down, even over the ipad. But you're going to give up expandability options with that form (at least for now). I really want expandability, more than thinness, which is why I chose my Asus Transformer. I love it. And it has a total of 64 gb of memory with the micro sd card I added. The trans is definitely not as thin as the Samsung, but it is definitely thinner thn the Acer or the Xoom, so for me, it is the best of both worlds. :) I also just really enjoy the keyboard dock design that Asus came up with - it makes the Asus a little more unique.