Google Pay / Huawei pay /Apple pay - yay or nay?

SamRH1

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Never used it myself, always have my cards on me if I need to contactless.

I've never used it really. I'd like to use those directly to the phone itself.

Would make me feel like it's made for that device and more secure. Just personal preference.

cass_m

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Samsung Pay from my watch and phone as well as my bank app from my phone. If a merchant doesn't take tap to pay, I shop elsewhere.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Serious question, how many people use there phone as a payment method?

I had an iphone and used apple pay religiously!! I then had google pay on an android device but stopped using it after a friend had a bad experience with it.

You can pay with paypal on phones too but not all stores take this. I dont know how far this forum reaches or if anyone has used Huawei payyet. I know its supposed to be coming to the UK soon but not sure if anyone has any hands on experience with it?!

I use it or much every day. I've used it ever since it was called Google wallet, long before Apple pay existed. I never really had a problem with it at all.

Rninety8

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Here in the USA phone payment acceptance is highly variable. Outside of major cities you must also carry credit cards, debit cards, and cash, in my experience. I find it isn't worth attempting to use Google Pay, because even if the store offers it half the time it doesn't work or takes longer than simply swiping a credit card. More than once I have been in line at Walmart when someone has tried to use Apple or Google Pay and the clerk said something like "that never works." We also have many smaller places that are cash only, meaning you would be out of luck with just a phone for payment.

It but that it doesn't work Walmart flat out didn't support Google/Apple pay. They're one of the growing number of stores working on their on payment platform

masshuu

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Since covid19 it seems that everywhere now accepts contactless payments so I can't remember the last time I had to use a card or cash to make a payment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo