LG k40 help! First time rooting and want to learn how to root, mod, customizes, everything

Cory Leland1

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Beginner rooting, guide needed.
Thus is my first time trying this and i want to get some guidance on how to root my device, what it does, what all i can do afterwards, and does it cancel my phone service with metro if I root it. I have an LG k40 pro

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What is the best root app for an LG android 8.0
Hi welcome to AC!

The best place you want to get that info would be XDA Forums, that's what they do there , now since this will be your first time trying this , also learn how to go back to stock firmware in case custom Rom breaks anything. Be aware of Wich ROM you install as could be with bugs and it's up to the developer to send updates if they want to fix certain things . Me personally would root just to add features not to change stick firmware but then makes you device varunable to hack or security threats , and expect Google pay not to work rooted .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What is the best root app for an LG android 8.0
Magisk is the best root method, period. No apps do it, you do it.

Unlocking the bootloader - https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-k40/faq/faq/lg-bootloader-unlock/

Magisk - Magisk - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 5.0+]

(There doesn't appear to be a TWRP for the K40 yet, so you'll probably have to flash Magisk through recovery.)

And be aware - unlocking the bootloader wipes the phone, so back everything up first! (See Backing up an Android Device)