Wrist gesture

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I use both, but I prefer to use gestures whenever I can. I haven't found that using gestures has drained more battery than using the touch screen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use both, but I prefer to use gestures whenever I can. I haven't found that using gestures has drained more battery than using the touch screen.
So then I guess my question is what's the advantage of using the gestures vs. The touchscreen? Other than not smudging up the touch screen.

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
So then I guess my question is what's the advantage of using the gestures vs. The touchscreen? Other than not smudging up the touch screen.
Most of the time when I use gestures, it's when my other hand is in use (or, I'm too lazy to raise it ).

Of course, until I get the OTA for the new version of Android Wear (and get the new gestures to navigate into notifications), then I'd still have to touch the screen. But, at least I can see any / all notifications with just one hand if I need to and the other is occupied.

If a notification is important enough, then I'll drop the stuff in my other hand to action it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time when I use gestures, it's when my other hand is in use (or, I'm too lazy to raise it ).

Of course, until I get the OTA for the new version of Android Wear (and get the new gestures to navigate into notifications), then I'd still have to touch the screen. But, at least I can see any / all notifications with just one hand if I need to and the other is occupied.

If a notification is important enough, then I'll drop the stuff in my other hand to action it.
Well see my watch is all up to date for the sw version. I just tried using the gestures, and I just can't get used to it. Lol. I think I'll just stock to touch and navigating it that way, and just cleaning off the screen often enough because I love keeping it clean.