Moto 360 Buying a 3rd party metal band?

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Buying a 3rd party metal band?

IMG_20140913_150343728.jpg

Confirmed...easy to work with with included tools.

Pebble Steel from Amazon.com for $19.99

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I put the black Pebble Steel band on last night. Fits the watch great but I switched back to leather about an hour later. Just wasn't as comfortable and it was tugging on my hairy arms.

Posted via Android Central App

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I put the black Pebble Steel band on last night. Fits the watch great but I switched back to leather about an hour later. Just wasn't as comfortable and it was tugging on my hairy arms.

While I find the metal bands so sexy, I have had issues with them catching my arm hair (darn Italian genes) so I'm sticking with the leather. I played with it last night in best buy as I was making the purchase and the leather felt great.

Last edited:

savvyshamrock

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
So I found this forum while I was trying to figure out how to change my band. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I took off my leather band and replaced with an old La Mer band that the face was cracked on and I LOVE it!!!! =)

I know it's not what you guys were all going for, but I'm super stoked that I can replace it with something fashionable.

2014-09-13 15.50.15.jpg

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So I found this forum while I was trying to figure out how to change my band. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I took off my leather band and replaced with an old La Mer band that the face was cracked on and I LOVE it!!!! =)

I know it's not what you guys were all going for, but I'm super stoked that I can replace it with something fashionable.

View attachment 136453

Very unique way of displaying the Moto 360. I like it.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Be sure to post photos with that mesh band on!

I'm hoping I get the band today. The watch is out for delivery. I'm thinking it'll look like my Skagen so I'm stoked about it!

jcoppola33

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
That silver steele band looks great, I might have to just pick one up. I do feel bad for my pebble though, it just sits there showing the time wishing I would give it some attention. :'(

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
How does that band attach to the watch? Looks awesome!

View attachment 136453

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Damn, was just about to order it. Thanks for letting us know! Guess I'll get the original pebble steel band then.

I can report that the Truffol band for Pebble Steel does NOT work on the moto 360.

https://www.truffol.com/store/smartwatch/strap_pebble_steel/silver

Too thick and wide on the ends. Very sad as this band is much more premium feeling (I have one on my pebble steel). Oh well...will use the stock pebble steel band until something better is available or confirmed by someone here.

scotth23

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I put the Pebble steel band on my 360 and took it off after a few minutes.

My biggest concern was that the way the band connects, it is slightly inside the watch. As I looked at how the Pebble band connected, it seemed that at points the band would be putting pressure to the underside of the 360. While the casing of the 360 is steel, the underside feels plastic and I didnt want to risk putting extra pressure on that.

Getting the links out of the Pebble Steel band is a pain in the ***. Getting the bands on and off aren't a big deal but you have to make sure you hold on to the 360 pins that connect the band to the watch. The Pebble pins are screw in while the 360 are spring loaded. Lose a 360 pin and you're off to the jewelers. And it's easy to do as you need to push the spring in to place it inside the watch. One slip and that sucker will go flying. I spent two minutes on my floor in a panic. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23