How do I set a speed dial?

jnojr

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
My phone is from Tracfone. I know that several posts say that there is no speed dial, but I know that isn't true... I got a call from my brother, and I was banging on things trying to answer it, and he's on my phone page clearly marked as Speed Dial next to All Contacts under my most recent call. So how do I add someone else as a speed dial? And how would I remove one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your Contacts app, select a contact that you want to make a Speed Dial, and tap the star at the top. This makes the contact a Favorite, and it will then show up at the top of the Speed Dial list.

I prefer creating a folder of Direct Dial widgets on the phone screen, because then I can just call someone with one touch. To create the widget, long-press any blank area of the homescreen, then select Add Widget, and look for the Direct Dial widget. Press and hold it, then drag it to the homescreen. When you release, it will ask you to select a contact for the widget, and also which phone number. When complete, just touching the widget will call that number.

You can then create a folder of Direct Dial widgets and call it Speed Dial. Just create more of the widgets, and make a folder, drag one of them on top of another. The folder will form, and you can name it. Then drag other Direct Dial widgets into it. You should be able to put 16 widgets in each folder.