Uninstall Google Now permanently?

Oldwisewiz

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Every once in a while, for reasons I don't understand, Google Now pops back onto my Android Moto E and starts screwing around with my home screen and other things. I'd like to turn it off and eliminate it entirely. Anyone know how?

Old Wisewiz

Oldwisewiz

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
No help. I've gotten rid of it several times; I just don't remember how. There's no Feed Toggle anywhere in Google>Settings>My Feed. All the solutions I find on the Net refer to this non-existent toggle.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked in Settings, Apps? I'm not familiar with the Moto E, but you should have something similar. If nothing else you could install a disabler and deactivate it that way. They're not free, but useful for other stuff too.

Oldwisewiz

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Got it. If you hold your finger on the home page until the Widgets etc. choices appear at the bottom of the screen, one of the choices there is Settings. If you choose THAT Settings menu, the first screen that pops up has the Feed toggle at the top. If it doesn't, and a list of options appears instead, choose Your Feed, and that should bring up the screen with the Feed toggle at the top. Toggling that off brings up the question screen (Do you want to ...) and choosing Yes kills the Google Now window and all of its cards. Bingo!

Last edited:

Fred Talmadge

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have all the feeds turned off, yet I still get feeds from news sources. Unfortuantly there seems no way to even disable this app. Of course, you can't delete it, since they use the old MS argument that it's part of the OS.