This phone is fantastic!!!

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So, my wife has been struggling along with her Note II for nearly a year and was getting really REALLY tired of it. The phone had problems charging, apps would crash randomly and it never was able to receive an Android update. (she didn't want me to root it)

Anyway, I heard about the Moto G and decided to get it for her as a Christmas present. Long story short she loves it! :D I've been very impressed with the battery life (2 days per charge), performance that's almost as quick as my HTC One and a decent camera vs what the reviews said. Overall I'd give it a 8.5/10 even with no LTE and a weak camera.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Really big change going from a Note 2 to such a small phone, but I'm sure it performs a lot better save for the camera. Surprised the battery is better than the Note 2 :eek:

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Really big change going from a Note 2 to such a small phone, but I'm sure it performs a lot better save for the camera. Surprised the battery is better than the Note 2 :eek:

Her Note 2 always had battery problems and we were never able to fix them. Also, AT&T sucks at updating apparently because we never could get it to update. I spent hours trying to force it to go through and never could get the darn thing to work. My wife didn't want me to root it so it was AT&T or nothing. :(

Anyway, we traded it in at GameStop and thanks to their promo almost broke even on the phone cost (minus the Otterbox case) after having it for 6 months. Not too bad I guess.

The Moto G gets about 2 days of battery life for her with average use and not having LTE has yet to be a problem.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the Moto G sitting on top of my Note 2 right now and I had the same shocks. for such a low cost phone to be better than a high end device, even at a year old, is something to be happy with. I already have a box from Gazelle coming to take my Note 2 away in exchange for cash. Don't need a 3rd phone like that cramping up my desk.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Note 2 have bigger screen 5,5" vs Moto g 4,5" and bigger screens do draws more power. Depends on settings and usages, Note 2 can last long too. But Moto G battery life is also impressive, since it runs ASOP Android, with less background proccess running at background and not like Note 2. With TW and tons of background proccesses that eats up the battery.
On screen time on Moto G is amazing and with such low price with great hardware also.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Note 2 have bigger screen 5,5" vs Moto g 4,5" and bigger screens do draws more power. Depends on settings and usages, Note 2 can last long too. But Moto G battery life is also impressive, since it runs ASOP Android, with less background proccess running at background and not like Note 2. With TW and tons of background proccesses that eats up the battery.
On screen time on Moto G is amazing and with such low price with great hardware also.

Yep, my feelings exactly. The good thing for me is I don't have to upgrade for another year and a half since getting my HTC One so I'm sure whatever they have out by then (if I'm even ready to upgrade) will be great.

Also, I'm the only person left that I know of that still has true unlimited data. I've pushed it as high as 6.5GB occasionally with not even a word from AT&T. For $199 this phone is fantastic across the board.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884