Tapping space in texting apps

ponderoni

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Fairly new to smartphones, definitely new to Moto G.

When I compose a text in Messaging or Hangout, a max of three lines is ever visible in the composing window.
This makes it extremely difficult to scan the entire text before I send.
Scrolling is almost impossible.
Attempting to edit is like something out of the Inquisition.

Is there some way to just increase the size of the window?
Opening a new window would be second best.
Why do all the previous messages in a conversation need to take up screen real estate while I?m composing?

Looking forward to your responses.

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem myself Ponder, I'm using Handcent and can only see 3 lines of text messages I'm typing. I can scroll in it but would rather see my whole message from the beginning as I type. Maybe it's not possible with these apps :(

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Have just found that Handcent does indeed give you the option to type in a massive screen Ponderosa. It's in the hidden menu at the bottom of the text screen and I just found it.

It shows you 12 lines of your text before you need to scroll so I suggest you try Handcent and see if this solves your problem :)

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Fairly new to smartphones, definitely new to Moto G.

When I compose a text in Messaging or Hangout, a max of three lines is ever visible in the composing window.
This makes it extremely difficult to scan the entire text before I send.
Scrolling is almost impossible.
Attempting to edit is like something out of the Inquisition.

Is there some way to just increase the size of the window?
Opening a new window would be second best.
Why do all the previous messages in a conversation need to take up screen real estate while I’m composing?

Looking forward to your responses.

i use google keyboard, its an app available in google play store but try swift key or swype. not only would you like the keyboard making much less mistakes but they have these arrow keys to scroll up down left right in the message. try these 9 best Android keyboard apps reviewed and rated: Best Android keyboard: Swipe-based keyboards | News | TechRadar

ponderoni

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your input, and I'll try some suggestions later, as I have found out how to do what I wanted.
All you need to do is tap the Upper Case Arrow on the left side of the keyboard once or twice, and the emoticon button turns into a New Line button.

ponderoni

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your input, and I'll try some suggestions later, as I have found out how to do what I wanted.
All you need to do is tap the Upper Case Arrow on the left side of the keyboard once or twice, and the emoticon button turns into a New Line button.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredDev