KitKat 4.4.4 for Moto G?

Dominic Asamoah

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: KitKat 4.4.3 for Moto G?

Received the update this morning .Google keyboard has been crashing since the update.

Moto G

Attachments

• 29932.jpg
    29932.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 29933.jpg
    29933.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 83

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Please update come to europe ASAP!

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

sak_14

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site

I got my update today in the afternoon and soon after that WiFi issues, i get terrible coverage. My coverage with 4.4.2 was excellent and since this new update its gotten horrible. I can't connect until I am close to the WiFi. I have unchecked the boxes related to poor signal but its not happening. Any solution or can i downgrade to 4.4.2?

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I got my update today in the afternoon and soon after that WiFi issues, i get terrible coverage. My coverage with 4.4.2 was excellent and since this new update its gotten horrible. I can't connect until I am close to the WiFi. I have unchecked the boxes related to poor signal but its not happening. Any solution or can i downgrade to 4.4.2?

Did you try to contact Motorola? If there's some huge bug to this update, I guess it's better not to get 4.4.3 for a while.
This version was released by Google in order to fix frequent connection dropouts. This shouldn't happen.

sak_14

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site

I have no idea how, I asked a relative to get this phone from the states since it is not available in the country i reside. So i was looking up on the internet, no one had reported such a issue, i found this is to be the most relevant thread so thats why asked, thanks for replying.

racedaemon

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

I have no idea how, I asked a relative to get this phone from the states since it is not available in the country i reside. So i was looking up on the internet, no one had reported such a issue, i found this is to be the most relevant thread so thats why asked, thanks for replying.

Be aware that different countries have slightly different wi-fi specifications, Wikipedia. Maybe your router is set to a channel higher than 11 and the phone, being for the US market, doesn't know that channel. Try choosing a channel in the range 1-11 and that is not crowded.
It's a long shoot but maybe it works.

And hi centroids (Is that how android central member are called? If not... that sound pretty cool. (TM) me :) ), this is my first post! :)

sak_14

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site

Be aware that different countries have slightly different wi-fi specifications, Wikipedia. Maybe your router is set to a channel higher than 11 and the phone, being for the US market, doesn't know that channel. Try choosing a channel in the range 1-11 and that is not crowded.
It's a long shoot but maybe it works.

And hi centroids (Is that how android central member are called? If not... that sound pretty cool. (TM) me :) ), this is my first post! :)

When i got my phone it was on 4.3 Jelly Bean, I soon updated it to KitKat 4.4.2 and everything worked fine but since they new update to Kitkat 4.4.3 I got WiFi problems.

Last edited:

Macktion

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Got the update this morning. Still adjusting to the new dialer app, but everything is working just fine so far here.

Swyped from my Yoga 8

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Got the update this morning. Still adjusting to the new dialer app, but everything is working just fine so far here.

Swyped from my Yoga 8

From where did you buy the phone. I bought mine from the UK and am still waiting

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Macktion

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Straight off their site, preordered it and got one of the first shipments in to US customers.

Swyped from my Yoga 8

John Garnett

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Some help from the experts please......

With the impending 4.4.3 update what are the suggested steps in upgrading?

Do you factory reset then allow 4.4.3 download and restart. Then do a clear cache and / or factory reset?

I'm sure there are many who would like to know the steps to get the cleanest start with updated OS

Thanks folks

JohnG

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Some help from the experts please......

With the impending 4.4.3 update what are the suggested steps in upgrading?

Do you factory reset then allow 4.4.3 download and restart. Then do a clear cache and / or factory reset?

I'm sure there are many who would like to know the steps to get the cleanest start with updated OS

Thanks folks

JohnG

For nonroot users you can just update, no need to factory or anything
But for root users like me, I guess I have to unroot it and flash stock recovery to update

Posted via Android Central App

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Any news when will it come to europe?

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Got it in Brazil. XT 1033 dual sim. Só far so good. Everything working fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 49854.jpg
    49854.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 172

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Google released 4.4.4 in a hurry to fix a huge OpenSSL security issue. Evidently, it would be existent on Moto G phones having 4.4.3. So does that mean 4.4.4 is coming?
And for those phones that haven't got the update yet, will they jump directly to 4.4.4?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87