Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

Poky23

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Has anyone updated OTA to 5.0 yet?

I'm getting very frustrated with how long it's taking. I used to be an Apple fanboy and enjoyed updates being rolled out like clockwork. I changed to Android and got this phone thinking it would likely receive updates early like the Nexus line, but this is just ridiculous. ...From Australia using a Telstra Moto g '14.

Posted via the Android Central App

hbreal

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G XT1068, Lollipop?

I'm getting very frustrated with how long it's taking. I used to be an Apple fanboy and enjoyed updates being rolled out like clockwork. I changed to Android and got this phone thinking it would likely receive updates early like the Nexus line, but this is just ridiculous. They could at least give everyone some kind of timeline if the reason is due to a staggered rollout.

I'm also getting a bit bored of waiting, but on the other hand, I got Android 5.0 on my Nexus 7 2012 and it was really slow and would crash often; I've just upgraded to 5.0.2 and while it's a bit better, it's still worse than it was on 4.4.4. I would rather wait for Motorola to ensure that Lollipop will definitely work on my device, than have them rush out a buggy update and make my phone almost unusable like my tablet :)

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lollipop 5.0.1 for the XT1064 US GSM Version

Hi Coleman. Since we both have the White Moto G 2014 with system 21.11.17 on T-Mobile, please let me know here if you get any OTA updates. Since Nov 2014 till today I have not received any. I will do the sane if any updates come to my phone.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lollipop 5.0.1 for the XT1064 US GSM Version

Just clarifying I have the same phone, software, color of phone, but I am on att. I will still let you know if I get any type of update big or small.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey Hisense, I have the a Black Moto G, but with the 21.11.17 numbers and on T-Mobile. I will keep you updated.

justinpark

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
When should we expect Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Moto G 2014?

I have the moto g 2nd gen and I know the update rolls out for a while. But did the rollout even start for the moto g 2nd gen? And if it did when will it end?

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: When should we expect Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Moto G 2014?

I have the moto g 2nd gen and I know the update rolls out for a while. But did the rollout even start for the moto g 2nd gen? And if it did when will it end?

Ha this is funny because I called Motorola and asked this "so will the update end in 2016 or 2017? They said oh no much sooner! My response is how much sooner and they play dumb and just say soon..... " I wish I worked for Motorola's update department and could push the Update my phone.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Appreciate that Kolten Nay. Seems like it's just me and you on 21.11.17 with T-Mobile. And relying on Moto customer support or the Moto Owner forum is senseless as no official Moto rep seems to know anything of value.

Hearing you are still waiting makes me think I've not missed any OTA and hopefully I will get one soon.

Will keep you updated from my end as well.

hbreal

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I would much rather wait for a working version, than get a buggy update that destroys my phone. There's not that much wrong with 4.4.4 at the moment anyway, in my opinion; I'm more than happy to stay with it if 5 is going to be as bad as it is on my Nexus 7!

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I would much rather wait for a working version, than get a buggy update that destroys my phone. There's not that much wrong with 4.4.4 at the moment anyway, in my opinion; I'm more than happy to stay with it if 5 is going to be as bad as it is on my Nexus 7!

Your saying you haven't had any problems with the memory management bug? I wouldn't be impatient if it weren't for it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Has anyone updated OTA to 5.0 yet?

Then why is Motorola saying they don't do the update they told me repeatedly they have nothing to do with the update I don't believe that but I am just saying what I have been told

Please show me where they said that.

neogodless

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
It's maddening how many web sites are referencing old articles when Motorola released a TEMPORARY soak test for the U.S. market and report that Lollipop is available for the U.S. Moto G (2014) when it still is not.

(XT1064 here, not carrier dependent.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's maddening how many web sites are referencing old articles when Motorola released a TEMPORARY soak test for the U.S. market and report that Lollipop is available for the U.S. Moto G (2014) when it still is not.

(XT1064 here, not carrier dependent.)

Straight from Motorola: Update 2: It's time to unwrap: Android 5.0, Lollipop is here - The Official Motorola Blog

We’ve started to roll out Lollipop in phases just a week after the public release of the software to the following devices in the US:
  • Moto X (2nd Gen.) Pure Edition
  • Moto G (2nd Gen.) US GSM
  • Moto G (2nd Gen.) Global GSM retail versions sold in the US

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana