Moto G 2014 A few questions...?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
So I got the Moto G 2014 model yesterday, installed a couple of apps (including the FB and FB Messenger app) after getting the Android 5.0 update.

I've just migrated from Windows Phone and in WP you could link each contact to their corresponding Facebook such that the Facebook profile pic would be displayed each time you called the contact or the contact called you. Is a similar integration possible in Android or do I manually have to set the profile pics of each of my contacts?

Secondly, is it possible to reply to texts (be it SMS or Whatsapp) from the notification bar or the lock screen itself without opening the entire app?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe give Contacts+ a try. Not sure if it does exactly what you're looking for.

For the second issue, try SMS Popup, although I'm not sure if it's compatible with Lollipop.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Ohkk thanks.. And one more thing:

Suppose I'm browsing the internet on my phone and I receive a whatsapp message from someone, I immediately see the message and sender name in the notification on the top of the screen, but shouldn't tapping this notification open the respective app or conversation (in this case, whatsapp)?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok I got the notifications problem sorted out. But I'm planning to buy a back cover and need to know which cover I should go for:

I'm unable to post links but I can describe both the covers for you.

The first one is TPU and the second one is polycarbonate. I'm NOT looking for a replacement cover. Could someone tell me which one I should go for? The second one is prettier but would I be compromising on the phone's safety by going for it? Please advice...