I updated my moto g 3rd generation yesterday to android marshmallow.. After that a plain white square icon stated to appear at the top left corner of the screen.. I am not able to get rid of it
    01-10-2016 09:14 PM
    Hi, welcome to the forums! Could you post a screenshot so we can have a better idea of what's going on? What happens if you long press on that icon?
    01-10-2016 09:32 PM
    I have the same issue, and can't seem to find a solution. Please help.
    02-20-2016 07:51 PM
    I have the same issue, and can't seem to find a solution. Please help.
    Hello Brian, welcome to the forums! Try this. Long press on a blank spot in your screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until you find settings, long press on it and drag it to the home screen. From that list select "Notification log". Once this widget is created tap on it and the app that created the notification icon should appear in that list.

Please, report back. It will be very helpful for other users having the same issue
    02-21-2016 11:17 AM
    Hello Brian, welcome to the forums! Try this. Long press on a blank spot in your screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until you find settings, long press on it and drag it to the home screen. From that list select "Notification log". Once this widget is created tap on it and the app that created the notification icon should appear in that list.

Please, report back. It will be very helpful for other users having the same issue
    Hi guys. I also found the plain white square up in the top left notification bar on my droid turbo 2 after updating to the marshmallow software. When I followed the steps above I did not see a plain white square in the icon list. However, I have an app for my local weather station (ValleyNewsLive) and it is a square. That also made me realize I used to have the local temp displayed by this app in that same location on the top left. I uninstalled the weather app and reinstalled and it now works fine. The plain white square is gone. Hope this helps someone .
    Javier P likes this.
    04-30-2016 02:54 PM
    The square just showed yesterday for me and turning off/on the notification from the Allstate app removed the square. Waiting for to return.
    Javier P likes this.
    03-01-2018 12:20 AM
    The square just showed yesterday for me and turning off/on the notification from the Allstate app removed the square. Waiting for to return.
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback! It'll be very helpful for other users with a similar issue. See you around the forums.
    03-01-2018 08:43 AM