Marshmallow Battery Life

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
At first after I upgraded to MM (via a zip and recovery) my battery life was absolutely horrendous however, after a factory reset I have gotten 4 hours and 45 minutes of SOT with 42% remaining.

Posted via the Android Central App

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
not impressed, specially since you do it in just one day with airplane mode enabled... I got 5 hours 40 minutes AND ALMOST 4 DAYS OF USAGE on 5.1.1 with no battery saver, no airplane mode (check battery graph, not a single reboot, not a power off, not a quick charge, no airplane stuff), everything enabled, full Facebook, WiFi always on (see screenshots) Moto Display, auto-brightness, sounds, notifications, vibration, Google location services, everything, phone in full-fledge mode, so that battery life you did show was only over a single day of use with power saving measures... try 3 days 17 hours with everything on as I show below, 5 hours 40 min of screen, that's amazing and on 5.1.1, since neither that or 6.0 got Doze on Moto G 2015 as a matter of fact (look up forum).

5.1.1 was impressive, what you show is good, but just that, good, hopefully you can reach 5 hours 40 minutes in 3 days and 17 hours of interrupted usage as the Moto G 2015 on 5.1.1 without airplane mode shenanigans does : )

Screenshot_2016-02-09-15-32-58.pngScreenshot_2016-02-09-15-33-06.pngScreenshot_2016-02-09-15-33-13.pngScreenshot_2016-02-09-15-33-22.png

Last edited:

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
not impressed, specially since you do it in just one day with airplane mode enabled... I got 5 hours 40 minutes AND ALMOST 4 DAYS OF USAGE on 5.1.1 with no battery saver, no airplane mode (check battery graph, not a single reboot, not a power off, not a quick charge, no airplane stuff), everything enabled, full Facebook, WiFi always on (see screenshots) Moto Display, auto-brightness, sounds, notifications, vibration, Google location services, everything, phone in full-fledge mode, so that battery life you did show was only over a single day of use with power saving measures... try 3 days 17 hours with everything on as I show below, 5 hours 40 min of screen, that's amazing and on 5.1.1, since neither that or 6.0 got Doze on Moto G 2015 as a matter of fact (look up forum).

5.1.1 was impressive, what you show is good, but just that, good, hopefully you can reach 5 hours 40 minutes in 3 days and 17 hours of interrupted usage as the Moto G 2015 on 5.1.1 without airplane mode shenanigans does : )

View attachment 216866View attachment 216867View attachment 216868View attachment 216869

The only reason I keep air plane mode on is because where I live is in the valley of a river and the signal is rarely above 1 bar (like the triangle shaded in with no white) of edge. I have everything else on, WiFi, Bluetooth (for my watch), GPS etc.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I keep air plane mode on is because where I live is in the valley of a river and the signal is rarely above 1 bar (like the triangle shaded in with no white) of edge. I have everything else on, WiFi, Bluetooth (for my watch), GPS etc.

ah ok, fine, just please post some more screenshots like I did showing detailed battery usage of the device over 4 days so we can assess the battery life of your device on 6.0 compared to 5.1.1 (everything enabled, no battery saver, WiFi always enabled, notifications... the main graph tells if the device was fully active or not) as you can see in my screenshots 5.1.1 is 3 days and almost 17 hours with 5 hours 40 minutes of screen time with a full-fledged device (everything enabled), let's see Marshmallow doing better than that on the Moto G 2015.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Ah, I reinstalled the Facebook app and my battery life is no longer quite as good. When I next get such good SOT I'll take more screenshots.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I reinstalled the Facebook app and my battery life is no longer quite as good. When I next get such good SOT I'll take more screenshots.

ah such a coincidence.... :p

it's ok, I did use Marshmallow for quite a bit on Moto G 2015 twice and downgraded twice, I know my way and I also factory reset'd the device and cleared most of the bugs if not all (of the upgrade)...

but you know what ? I never, ever got the same battery life as in 5.1.1, sure in complete standby Marshmallow can squeeze 2-3% more in 12 hours... but just turn on the WiFI and the cell radio, or just the WiFi, and use your screen on auto-brightness... even if you stop some service or feature you won't get the battery life of 5.1.1

your screenshot showing airplane mode is cute though.

... but my screenshots showing 5 hours 40 minute of screen time with full Facebook app running and 3 days 16 hours of uninterrupted WiFi (as well as cell radio on during all those hours) is a bit better don't you agree ? It's a shame that the Motorola Moto G 2015 is not as good on battery life when upgraded to Marshmallow, but it's a nice phone anyways.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
When my carrier/council decide to build a mast in my area (which I believe will be multi carrier) I'll see how well I can do in a day, until then I'm not bothering with horrible to no signal to watch my phone desperately look for a signal.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I will be waiting, it's easy for Marshmallow on the Moto G 2015 to achieve 3 days of 16 hours of uninterrupted WiFi + radio signal, right ?

I can get 3 days on my battery on M but my SOT is rather low for an enthusiast. I'm not on my phone constantly so at the end of the day I'm at 80% or higher. I also don't have FB installed. I charge my phone every night not matter the battery level. My point is, I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with the battery life. Are you unable to charge your phone every night? Why must it last 3 days?

Rover Pow

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I wish they would just make a phone which can last 2weeks with little usage, I think the solution is already there- larger battery! I wouldn't mind an extra few mm to thickness if that would mean I could stop forgetting to charge my phone every 3days.

rockshj

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
cn any1 pls tell me hws my bttry backup.. m sharing SOT along with graph @1% bttry.... i used my phone from 95% bttry...

Attachments

• 1456424812406.jpg
    1456424812406.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1456424836459.jpg
    1456424836459.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member