Who is still using their Note 20 Ultra in 2023?

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
I just came back. I had a z fold 3 and it died on me. I had zero problems with it and just randomly about 2 weeks ago, it got suuuper hot while charging and self destruction. I'm soo glad I kept my good old Note 20 Ultra. I love this phone soo much. But I do eventually want to get back to my folds. They are just soo much fun to use.

Reactions: 1raygin

bridgetm82

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
I am still using mine, the only thing is I haven't been able to get an update since I switched carriers in Oct 2021 smh. I don't understand why my phone will NOT update.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am still using mine, the only thing is I haven't been able to get an update since I switched carriers in Oct 2021 smh. I don't understand why my phone will NOT update.
I think that's a relatively common issue in the US. You can flash an update with a PC, and I think I remember hearing that if you put a SIM from the old network in the phone will update. Not 100% on that, but it's worhth a go.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If you have a PC, try installing Samsung's Smart Switch for PC on it.

Connect your phone to your PC with an USB cable & run Smart Switch from the PC. It should detect if there's an available update & it can download & install it from the PC to your phone. If not, you may need to flash the software as @fuzzylumpkin mentioned.

You might also try to clear your phones Cache Partition. It's definitely worth a try!
😊

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Not being used as a phone.
It's my bathroom reader.
Avoid toilet fatalities, don't text while #2'ing.

bathroom reading.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I am just curious... Who is still using their Note 20 Ultra in 2023 as their main device? I sometimes wish I had this device. I've tried several times to switch to it as my main device... But coming from the Note 10+ last year, I feel like the bigger upgrade for me was in the S21 Ultra that I switched to. But honestly, when it came down to trying to find an unlocked one in good condition, for a good price, it was really hard so I gave up. The few issues for me that I experienced with the N20 Ultra like the horrendous battery life (4 hours or less of SOT for me), not being able to use 1440 at 120hz refresh rate, and the issues of constantly having this yellow tinge to certain pictures for me kinda made it hard to upgrade to as well for me. I also heard of so many people having the "gluegate," issue. I did also kind of see that as well.

Last flagship Note-style device that has micro SD card support, good build quality, nice design. I honestly like the design of the back camera better than newer devices today like the S23U. I had gotten one last year in the summer time from amazon seller Chubbiestech, which was in perfect condition, and I should have kept that. But I wasn't to fond of paying 600 dollars for it.

That said, who is still using theirs? I am still somewhat tempted to pick up another one lol
A bit late to the party, but I was still using my white Note 20 Ultra 5G until about 4 weeks ago; when my cat Mango decided to get me a new phone (see picture), he said because they were offering a $400 trade-in for my old Note 8 that was just collecting dust...smh.

My wife is still using her bronze Note 20 Ultra 5G and doesn't want to upgrade yet.

I still love my Note 20 Ultra, and so far, I haven't been able to really say, "wow, what a great upgrade!"

Yes, it's nice and good, but in real, normal every day usage, it's not that big of a deal, maybe I haven't taken enough pictures to see a big difference, or maybe I haven't used all the new features yet, but so far, I'm getting mixed feelings about jumping the gun on the new phone.

On the other hand, I guess I could give my perfect condition Note 20 U to my mom, she said she liked it and love the pictures taken with it last time she visited, we'll see...

Sent From the TARDIS
20240212_173455.jpg

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
A bit late to the party, but I was still using my white Note 20 Ultra 5G until about 4 weeks ago; when my cat Mango decided to get me a new phone (see picture), he said because they were offering a $400 trade-in for my old Note 8 that was just collecting dust...smh.

My wife is still using her bronze Note 20 Ultra 5G and doesn't want to upgrade yet.

I still love my Note 20 Ultra, and so far, I haven't been able to really say, "wow, what a great upgrade!"

Yes, it's nice and good, but in real, normal every day usage, it's not that big of a deal, maybe I haven't taken enough pictures to see a big difference, or maybe I haven't used all the new features yet, but so far, I'm getting mixed feelings about jumping the gun on the new phone.

On the other hand, I guess I could give my perfect condition Note 20 U to my mom, she said she liked it and love the pictures taken with it last time she visited, we'll see...

Sent From the TARDIS
View attachment 360779
Aww, what an adorable sleepy kitty!

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I like my Note 20 Ultra. It's a fun device to have and use in your spare time. I use mine as backup device.
I like to charge my S21 Ultra for the next day, and then lay in bed and use the Note 20 Ultra as a tablet like experience lol

Reactions: Laura Knotek