Sideloading on the Moto G3?

Osafa

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty new to the Motorola bandwagon. I've been using mostly Samsung Galaxies for a while and just made a switch to something new, hence getting the all around impressive Moto G3. A couple of questions that came to mind, I've sideloaded countless apps on un-rooted devices before (installing apps using the .apk files) and thought about trying it out on the Moto G3. I haven't been able to make it happen though. Am I required to root the device or make any changes to it in order to install apps using .apk's?

Given that the G3 doesn't have a an actual file explorer app built in, I'm having to use "Settings > Storage & USB > Internal Storage > Explore". Once I try to open an .apk, I get the message, "Can't open file". Is there a way around this somehow? I do have "Unknown sources" allowed.

On a side note, I notice an option for an "Emergency call" on the lock screen. How do I set up an emergency number, if that's even possible?

Last edited:

manus31

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I use es file explorer to select the apk in its directory which then gives option to install

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana