why do some of the images are not opened in my sd card?

A

AC Question

my mobile is motog3 with extendable storage upto 32gb. i bought a new samsung 128gb sd card and tried to copy photos and videos into it. after copying, some of the images are able to open but other are showing "couldn't open the image". videos also showing the same thing. i connected my mobile with pc and tried to open the same files. but even the system also couldn't read them. what do i have to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas