Weather Channel App Temp Doesn't Update Unless App Is Open. Way To Correct?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get The Weather Channel temp to stay updated in the status bar without opening the app? Otherwise it is pretty useless.

I have Greenify and Doze and tried the following each individually one at a time so don't think it's those apps stopping it: Turning off Doze app (even though I have TWC checked to not doze), force stopping Greenify in settings>apps (don't see a way to turn it off from the app), turning off "aggressive doze" in Android, and then tried keeping location on (which I wouldn't do anyway if that was required).

Anyone have any other ideas??

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get The Weather Channel temp to stay updated in the status bar without opening the app? Otherwise it is pretty useless.

I have Greenify and Doze and tried the following each individually one at a time so don't think it's those apps stopping it: Turning off Doze app (even though I have TWC checked to not doze), force stopping Greenify in settings>apps (don't see a way to turn it off from the app), turning off "aggressive doze" in Android, and then tried keeping location on (which I wouldn't do anyway if that was required).

Anyone have any other ideas??

Bump. Crickets. Can anyone with The Weather Channel app confirm weather their ongoing temp notification updates when the app is not open?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana