G power and Verizon

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the G7 Power and might upgrade to the G Power soon.

Seems to be a good phone with a great battery and improved camera from its predecessor.

Elky64

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
I bought the Moto G7 here in Canada earlier this year because it had appeal due to specs and price. After owning for awhile I soon became a big fan of Motorola, and because of that decided we'd jump on the G Power since price/specs were better, and its 5000 mAh battery kept calling me LOL.

In the end I am a wee disappointed in the G Power. Don't get me wrong it is still a great device and definitely capable. But there's something about it that doesn't rival the finesse felling I get when using the G7... Both are running Android 10. One area that isn't helping is Moto's Gesture Navigation (I fell in love with it on G7 and one of the main reasons for purchasing G Power), it's not present on G Power only allowing for 3-Button navigation or Google own rendition which I'm not a fan of.

The biggest WOW factors of the G Power are going to be its battery and price as the rest of the spec's won't be making any bold statements. That's not a bad thing though because what Motorola has been able to achieve here (IMHO) is pretty impressive. I own several other phone's that are better spec'd (processor, ram, displays, etc) yet in every day use I'm not seeing/feeling a massive difference to warrant spending 3-5 more... That's another reason I went with these two models as I'm done paying exorbitant phone prices and wanted to test out the waters at a much lesser price point. Turns out to be a definite go for me hoping Motorola doesn't start cutting too many corners anytime soon... G Power doesn't have Gorilla Glass using some other lesser known brand, and back is plastic (G7 glass) but that's not an issue whatsoever for me as phone's are always in a case.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Moto G7 here in Canada earlier this year because it had appeal due to specs and price. After owning for awhile I soon became a big fan of Motorola, and because of that decided we'd jump on the G Power since price/specs were better, and its 5000 mAh battery kept calling me LOL.

In the end I am a wee disappointed in the G Power. Don't get me wrong it is still a great device and definitely capable. But there's something about it that doesn't rival the finesse felling I get when using the G7... Both are running Android 10. One area that isn't helping is Moto's Gesture Navigation (I fell in love with it on G7 and one of the main reasons for purchasing G Power), it's not present on G Power only allowing for 3-Button navigation or Google own rendition which I'm not a fan of.

The biggest WOW factors of the G Power are going to be its battery and price as the rest of the spec's won't be making any bold statements. That's not a bad thing though because what Motorola has been able to achieve here (IMHO) is pretty impressive. I own several other phone's that are better spec'd (processor, ram, displays, etc) yet in every day use I'm not seeing/feeling a massive difference to warrant spending 3-5 more... That's another reason I went with these two models as I'm done paying exorbitant phone prices and wanted to test out the waters at a much lesser price point. Turns out to be a definite go for me hoping Motorola doesn't starts cutting too many corners anytime soon... G Power doesn't have Gorilla Glass using some other lesser known brand, and back is plastic (G7 glass) but that's not an issue whatsoever for me as phone's are always in a case.
Thanks. That stuff doesn't bother me either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa