Moto G incompatible with my car stereo USB port

tradio

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So I was an iphone owner before switching to a Moto G. My car stereo Pioneer DEH-5400BT has a usb port. I was able to plug in my iphone and play all my music and also charge the phone at the same time.

Im real upset to see that when I plug my Moto G into the same deck, my deck will not recognize it and will not even charge.

I am able to play music through a bluetooth connection but what really bums me out is that I am unable to charge my phone on my stereo usb port.

Does anyone know of any sort of solution to this problem? Im hoping there is some sort of the setting on the phone that would allow it to charge on my stereo usb?

thanks

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
So I was an iphone owner before switching to a Moto G. My car stereo Pioneer DEH-5400BT has a usb port. I was able to plug in my iphone and play all my music and also charge the phone at the same time.

Im real upset to see that when I plug my Moto G into the same deck, my deck will not recognize it and will not even charge.

I am able to play music through a bluetooth connection but what really bums me out is that I am unable to charge my phone on my stereo usb port.

Does anyone know of any sort of solution to this problem? Im hoping there is some sort of the setting on the phone that would allow it to charge on my stereo usb?

thanks

It maybe down to USB cable you using. Some USB cables are data only - not charging.
Also it may have something to do with USB OTG not being supported by MotoG???:-!

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know USB audio is iPhone only, so you will need to find some other way of connecting the phone. Not sure why the phone isn't charging though.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

thanks
You havent updated to kitkat have you?

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It maybe down to USB cable you using. Some USB cables are data only - not charging.
Also it may have something to do with USB OTG not being supported by MotoG???:-!

moto g supports usb otg. iphone does not have otg, he still managed to connect an iphone. there is no such thing as a 'data only' cable that wouldnt charge.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have similar problem connects and asks which mode mtp of camera but will not charge. Not bothered about audio as use Bluetooth both jb and KitKat same issue.

Posted via Android Central App

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't exactly have a clear answer, but I have been shopping for an aftermarket deck for the past month or so, and saw reference in a comment or review somewhere about a particular deck's USB ports not working with Android ever since Android switched from traditional USB storage to MTP. Wish I could spread a bit more clarity, but that's all I heard about it. I would guess that's your issue.