moto g 5 stylus 5g

keenachi

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
So, I have a few questions regarding this phone. Is there a way you can unlearn the battery learning on your phone? I did the option to learning my charging habits. Now when I plug my phone in to charge it is extremely slow which it hinders me to use my phone. I have unchecked that option and it still does that method of charging my phone between 11pm -5:35 AM. I do use my phone a lot at work to do my charting and clocking in and out.

Second, does this phone not have 5g capability? I check the setting, but it doesn't give me options. My phone carrier says I should have options for it, but I do not see it.

third, the secure folder, whatever I place in there it will transfer to another moto g device in the future for phone upgrades?

Four, when connecting to open wifis publicly. Is there some protection you should have, or no?

Lastly, what tips and tricks have you guys learned over all with the phone?

Thank you guys it's been a while since I have been back to android, and I am trying to relearn everything.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is adaptive battery charging off under battery settings?
Secure folder not sure for on Motorola where or if it backs up.
5g some carrier don't give you options to play with it but check under settings>connection or network/Internet>mobile network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the original charger that came with the phone, or a 3rd party charger?

Which carrier are you on?

If using a public wi-fi, a good VPN can be helpful, primarily if you want to do sensitive things while on wi-fi (like bank transactions). If using a VPN, it's advisable to use a reputable one that you pay for, rather than a free one -- free VPNs carry more risk of data leakage or worse. I use NordVPN. If you have access to Google's VPN via Google One, that's also a good option.

keenachi

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Yes, I am using the charger that came with the phone and I have a straight talk ( Verizon). Thanks for the responses. I will check google one out.

I made the mistake of doing the adaptive charging until I realized when I needed to charge it at work how slow it is. but it seems to be stuck in that mode even though I have unselected it and rebooted the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and you're plugging into a wall outlet, and not a computer USB port, right?

Make sure the phone's USB-C port is clear of any debris -- use a dry toothbrush to scrub it out.