Will we get Android N?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Until it exists for the general public, can't really say.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Somehow I don't think Moto G will get N.....it's likely in a similar position as Moto E 2nd Gen was with the release of M.
I think some of the chat/threads lose sight of the fact that the latest, most up to date OS is the most secure. I can't understand sacrificing the additional peace of mind 'cos of contention 'bout SD/Doze etc...

Posted via the Android Central App

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Somehow I don't think Moto G will get N.....it's likely in a similar position as Moto E 2nd Gen was with the release of M.
I think some of the chat/threads lose sight of the fact that the latest, most up to date OS is the most secure. I can't understand sacrificing the additional peace of mind 'cos of contention 'bout SD/Doze etc...

The G 2014 got MM (from KK and via L) so I can't see why we couldn't get N.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Moto's general rule of thumb, barring "technical issues", was 18 months of software update for E/G/X models, since this was release in August of 2015 it should be good until February of 2017... That would mean that it is likely we will get Android N unless there is a "technical issue" that would cause us not to get it.

Lenovo on the other hand... Well, that could throw us a curve ball as well. TBH, I would give it about a 60% chance officially, 99% chance unofficially (meaning via 3rd party roms).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto's general rule of thumb, barring "technical issues", was 18 months of software update for E/G/X models, since this was release in August of 2015 it should be good until February of 2017... That would mean that it is likely we will get Android N unless there is a "technical issue" that would cause us not to get it.

Lenovo on the other hand... Well, that could throw us a curve ball as well. TBH, I would give it about a 60% chance officially, 99% chance unofficially (meaning via 3rd party roms).

Under Punit Soni, it was 2 years.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Remember, newer phones will have the priority when it comes to OS updates.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new Moto G a few days ago and it came with M already installed. I have not seen any problems at all, including using the SD card. Everything works well.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I just go a moto g3 as a temporary device (my N5 died and I'm waiting for next Nexus)
My moto G was running 6.0 out the box, no update required.

rockshj

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I just go a moto g3 as a temporary device (my N5 died and I'm waiting for next Nexus)
My moto G was running 6.0 out the box, no update required.

i also.prchasd last mnth but it have 5.1.1 out of box :what:

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised too.

I'm in the UK, and bought via moto maker (unlocked) not sure if that makes any difference

Attachments

• 4426.jpg
    4426.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 43

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
i also.prchasd last mnth but it have 5.1.1 out of box :what:

I know this is probably me being annoying, buy please, please, please use English which doesn't hurt the eyes, I understand it may not be your first language, but vowels are not optional.