LG G8 Thin Q Problem

Richie91

Jan 27, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong area. New to Forum.

I have had an LG G 8 Thin Q for around a year. Yesterday I went to enter my 'Knock Code' and it wasn't accepted. I have tried this multiple times now with no luck. I am unable to turn the phone off as this just asks for the code. So I have looked online. apparently if you hold the volume down button and power button the phone restarts then when you see the 'LG G8 Thin Q' text you quickly release and re press the power button. This should launch some sort of secret menu to factory reset the phone.
However in my case this does nothing. The phone simply reboots each time. I have tried multiple times. I have also let the battery die; Re charged and turn on the phone with the above method which also does not work.
I cannot connect it to the computer as it asks for the knock code which doesn't work!
It appears I am in a Pickle
any ideas or help will be appreciated. The phone is backed up so some sort of 'Wipe' would be fine for me.

Kind Regards

Richie91

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
We can't discuss bypassing security features like the lock screen. I have an LG V60 and the way I get into the recovery menu is first powering off completely, then pressing and holding the power button and volume down button until it gets into the recovery menu. It may be the same for you (in which case you are releasing too soon), but sometimes there are slightly different methods between phones models. Even if you are successful in getting into the recovery menu, factory resetting this way will activate factory reset protection and you'll be required to enter the gmail account and password that was last used on the phone to set it back up again. This is to help verify the phone owner and protect your data.