Moto G4 Plus Screen Off issue during Call

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
My friend is facing issue with G4 Plus. While he makes call, screen will turn off when phone is near face. But screen is not turning on again, until person from other side disconnects call. Workaround is that he can press power button to disconnect call. He is not using any screen protector.
Anybody observed this issue, and fix for this?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My friend is facing issue with G4 Plus. While he makes call, screen will turn off when phone is near face. But screen is not turning on again, until person from other side disconnects call. Workaround is that he can press power button to disconnect call. He is not using any screen protector.
Anybody observed this issue, and fix for this?
This is a common issue, which any Android could have (having read problems for several years). Power button ends call, is good if it works. I have opted on other phones to turn off the option to turn the screen off while on the phone. So, your cheek can open any apps it's near. I haven't really had that problem though.

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
This is a common issue, which any Android could have (having read problems for several years). Power button ends call, is good if it works. I have opted on other phones to turn off the option to turn the screen off while on the phone. So, your cheek can open any apps it's near. I haven't really had that problem though.
Looks like its hardware issue as it happens sometime, while sometime it functions normally.
But where is option to avoid screen turning off during call?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like its hardware issue as it happens sometime, while sometime it functions normally.
But where is option to avoid screen turning off during call?
I don't know. It should be in either the dialer settings, or the call settings, or access settings. It should be, there, a toggle for Proximity Sensor turns off the display. Pretty sure that's it, just not yet sure where it's at on the phone...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find it. Even my Google search didn't help yet.

Since I always turn off the proximity sensor, I might use a third party app for that.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I found in Device Help a test I don't understand for checking the Proximity Sensor. I cannot make out what they're trying to communicate with "place your hand above the phone". Do they mean in the air? Or touching the top front? I have no idea.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I found in Device Help a test I don't understand for checking the Proximity Sensor. I cannot make out what they're trying to communicate with "place your hand above the phone". Do they mean in the air? Or touching the top front? I have no idea.

It should work just placing the hand over the top front without touching it. The interrogation mark changes to a white & green check mark if the sensor is working fine.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it worked for me! Thank you. I just am not sure if turning it off will help. Hopefully the OP can toggle it as needed.

svknet

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I did not try on my friend's Moto G4 Plus, but on my Moto Z Play, it works well. When I place hand above phone, indicator change from ? to Tick mark.
Will check on my friend's phone as well later.

Bijesh Nair

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Just found a way to resolve the proximity issues with MOTO G4 Plus 4th i just restarted the phone and through the factory mode then i have done a GPA Test then i found the proximity is disabled enable the same through tapping the red fonts which says disabled restarted the phone and found resolved today is its 5 th day without issue now.