07-18-2017 04:49 AM
181 12345 ...
tools
    I have a 10k slim portable battery that cost 15 which is way better than the battery mod which is going back

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-07-2016 12:17 PM
    Battery mod does not preclude an external battery. I live in a hurricane zone and have several battery packs. Part of my storm prep is charging them all. Having total of 5700 on phone is still a good deal and usable when traveling without the hassle of the portable battery and connecting with a cable.

OH, and for now the only wireless solution. Have been using wireless for years and don't want to go back to cable.
    cbironman24 and johnnyshinta like this.
    08-07-2016 12:25 PM
    Well I returned the Tumi mod and picked up the Incipio mod. Much better. The grip and fit is much better also. The Tumi mod had a very slight gap around the edges. The Incipio fits perfect.

To my surprise even with the case on the device still can work my magnetic car mount. Very impressed.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-07-2016 12:41 PM
    Well I returned the Tumi mod and picked up the Incipio mod. Much better. The grip and fit is much better also. The Tumi mod had a very slight gap around the edges. The Incipio fits perfect.

To my surprise even with the case on the device still can work my magnetic car mount. Very impressed.
    Interesting. I returned the Tumi for the Incipio as well and am much happier with the Incipio. Sounds like a lot of people are of the same mind. Not sure what Tumi was thinking. Trying to handle the phone with the Tumi case on was like trying to handle a heavy phone with a little bit of butter on it. Incipio has some grip on the back, which I like.
    areyes163 and johnnyshinta like this.
    08-07-2016 12:46 PM
    Your right. Didn't make a whole lot of sense. Very slippery for something that makes the device heavier. And the Incipio was $10.00 cheaper so there's that also.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-07-2016 12:47 PM
    For those of you with the battery mod, are you leaving it on your phone all the time? Or are you only using it when you know you might be away from a charger for awhile?
    08-07-2016 05:32 PM
    I have a 10k slim portable battery that cost 15 which is way better than the battery mod which is going back

Posted via the Android Central App
    Which one is better is going to depend on your usage. With the mod, your phone has that charge available immediately, and without something tethered to the phone. Yes, it makes the phone larger & heavier, but you don't have a cord with something at the other end. However, the mod is more expensive, and less capacity, so it's certainly a trade-off. It all comes down to usage & opinion.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-07-2016 07:15 PM
    Which one is better is going to depend on your usage. With the mod, your phone has that charge available immediately, and without something tethered to the phone. Yes, it makes the phone larger & heavier, but you don't have a cord with something at the other end. However, the mod is more expensive, and less capacity, so it's certainly a trade-off. It all comes down to usage & opinion.
    I'm really not a fan of external battery packs. I totally get why others like them, but I don't like messing with the cord and holding two devices when I'm out and about. Give me the battery mod over a second device anytime.
    areyes163 and benjamminh like this.
    08-07-2016 07:49 PM
    I'm really not a fan of external battery packs. I totally get why others like them, but I don't like messing with the cord and holding two devices when I'm out and about. Give me the battery mod over a second device anytime.
    That's how I feel. I have a external battery pack as well but I have only used it twice and both times I was at Disney world. Other than that the battery mod will suffice.
    08-07-2016 08:34 PM
    Does the wireless charger only charge the battery pack or the phone as well? What kind of output does it provide?
    08-08-2016 06:36 AM
    Does the wireless charger only charge the battery pack or the phone as well? What kind of output does it provide?
    Charges both. I have a standard wireless charger (not fast charger) so I can't say if it can take higher outputs.
    bat1939_KM likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:46 AM
    I have the Samsung fast wireless charger. I don't know if it charges fast or not. And I don't know the output. But on my S7 edge there was a option to turn in fast wireless charging. I don't see that option on my Z so I'm not sure if it's fast or standard.

It does charge both the battery and phone at the same time as previously stated.
    bat1939_KM likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:52 AM
    For those of you with the battery mod, are you leaving it on your phone all the time? Or are you only using it when you know you might be away from a charger for awhile?
    I'd like to know this too. And if you are leaving it on the phone all the time, does it keep the phone warm because of constant charging?
    08-08-2016 11:41 AM
    I've been leaving it on my phone. It does run warm if it's chargijg and you're using the phone. It's dependent on how resource intense the use is.
    HowardShap likes this.
    08-08-2016 12:11 PM
    I'd like to know this too. And if you are leaving it on the phone all the time, does it keep the phone warm because of constant charging?
    I started out leaving it on the phone all the time just to see how it works. I didn't notice the phone getting hot at all while the battery pack was on any while it was keeping my phone at 80% charged. I have the Tumi version and on the battery pack it says the output is 5v/1.3A. So I'm thinking its more like a trickle charge. One of the options of the battery back is to have it kick in all the time and keep the phone at 100% or efficiency mode which keeps the phone battery at 80% until the battery pack is discharged to 0%. It says in efficiency mode the mod battery will last longer.

Hope that helps
    bat1939_KM and HowardShap like this.
    08-08-2016 01:45 PM
    I started out leaving it on the phone all the time just to see how it works. I didn't notice the phone getting hot at all while the battery pack was on any while it was keeping my phone at 80% charged. I have the Tumi version and on the battery pack it says the output is 5v/1.3A. So I'm thinking its more like a trickle charge. One of the options of the battery back is to have it kick in all the time and keep the phone at 100% or efficiency mode which keeps the phone battery at 80% until the battery pack is discharged to 0%. It says in efficiency mode the mod battery will last longer.

Hope that helps
    My battery pack does not make the phone run warm. I was more curious whether people are okay with the weight of the Z Force + the battery mod. I love the battery life with the mod, but man does it make the phone heavy.
    johnnyshinta and HowardShap like this.
    08-08-2016 05:39 PM
    I don't think it's that much heavier than the turbo
    08-08-2016 06:03 PM
    I don't think it's that much heavier than the turbo
    Really? The Z Force with the battery mod feels a lot heavier to me. The Z Force is 166g and the Droid Turbo 169g. With the battery mod, the Z Force is approximately 250g. That's a big difference. Don't get me wrong - there's absolutely a great use for the battery mod. I just can't decide if I want it on my phone every day. The Z Force seems to have really good battery life even without a mod.
    HowardShap likes this.
    08-08-2016 06:39 PM
    I got the mod because no one has a USB c charger. Previously I would ask to borrow a charger and chances were someone had a micro USB. Even if they had an iPhone they had a micro for their Bluetooth or something. I wanted to be able to have the ability to be without wall power and not have to carry around a battery pack AND cables.
    benjamminh and HowardShap like this.
    08-08-2016 06:48 PM
    Everyone is different and I have not had any problem with the TUMI. I dont think it is bad in the slippery department. The Tumi fits my Z totally flush.
    I have the Incipio Offgrid Power Pack and it was $10 cheaper at Best Buy than the comparable Tumi case at the Verizon Store and it charges wirelessly just like the Tumi. I love it. It's really thin, thinner than any mophie case could ever be!
    HowardShap likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:11 PM
    I have the Incipio Offgrid Power Pack and it was $10 cheaper at Best Buy than the comparable Tumi case at the Verizon Store and it charges wirelessly just like the Tumi. I love it. It's really thin, thinner than any mophie case could ever be!
    That's true. Compared to comparable battery cases for other phones, the Moto battery mods are definitely thinner and lighter.
    HowardShap likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:33 PM
    Just watched about 20 minutes of video in chrome on WiFi and burned through 20% of my mod. Does that seem right?
    08-08-2016 07:37 PM
    Just watched about 20 minutes of video in chrome on WiFi and burned through 20% of my mod. Does that seem right?
    What % was your main battery before & after? 80%?
    08-08-2016 07:46 PM
    Yeah it stayed at 80%. I'm saying the mod burned through 20% pretty quickly
    08-08-2016 08:34 PM
    Yeah it stayed at 80%. I'm saying the mod burned through 20% pretty quickly
    20% of the mod battery is roughly equivalent to 8% of the phone's battery. So I suppose it's a tad high, but not crazy high.

At that rate, the mod would give you an extra 100 minutes of video watching. That's a lot.
    johnnyshinta and HowardShap like this.
    08-08-2016 08:46 PM
181 12345 ...