Battery mod

anon(9702034)

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Just got back from picking mine up from Best Buy. Also picked up the Verizon bumper while I was out. Throw in the free JBL speaker mod I got when I bought the phone, and I'm more excited about this phone than I have been in a long time about any smartphone.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice the phone running a bit warm while in use with the mod on? I'm performing pretty low impact tasks and my phone is running between 92-96°. Things that wouldn't make the phone warm without the mod.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, the charger I had in my hand was $79 and the sales guy said it was wireless charging. I didn't pick up the box to verify so it's possible you're right. That would be a shame as the battery pack felt nice on the phone, but wireless is a must!

$90 for the one w wireless charging

Posted via the Android Central App

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice the phone running a bit warm while in use with the mod on? I'm performing pretty low impact tasks and my phone is running between 92-96°. Things that wouldn't make the phone warm without the mod.

Yeah it def runs warm while the phone is charging

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a 10k slim portable battery that cost 15 which is way better than the battery mod which is going back

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Battery mod does not preclude an external battery. I live in a hurricane zone and have several battery packs. Part of my storm prep is charging them all. Having total of 5700 on phone is still a good deal and usable when traveling without the hassle of the portable battery and connecting with a cable.

OH, and for now the only wireless solution. Have been using wireless for years and don't want to go back to cable.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I returned the Tumi mod and picked up the Incipio mod. Much better. The grip and fit is much better also. The Tumi mod had a very slight gap around the edges. The Incipio fits perfect.

To my surprise even with the case on the device still can work my magnetic car mount. Very impressed.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I returned the Tumi mod and picked up the Incipio mod. Much better. The grip and fit is much better also. The Tumi mod had a very slight gap around the edges. The Incipio fits perfect.

To my surprise even with the case on the device still can work my magnetic car mount. Very impressed.

Interesting. I returned the Tumi for the Incipio as well and am much happier with the Incipio. Sounds like a lot of people are of the same mind. Not sure what Tumi was thinking. Trying to handle the phone with the Tumi case on was like trying to handle a heavy phone with a little bit of butter on it. Incipio has some grip on the back, which I like.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Your right. Didn't make a whole lot of sense. Very slippery for something that makes the device heavier. And the Incipio was $10.00 cheaper so there's that also.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
For those of you with the battery mod, are you leaving it on your phone all the time? Or are you only using it when you know you might be away from a charger for awhile?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 10k slim portable battery that cost 15 which is way better than the battery mod which is going back

Which one is better is going to depend on your usage. With the mod, your phone has that charge available immediately, and without something tethered to the phone. Yes, it makes the phone larger & heavier, but you don't have a cord with something at the other end. However, the mod is more expensive, and less capacity, so it's certainly a trade-off. It all comes down to usage & opinion.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Which one is better is going to depend on your usage. With the mod, your phone has that charge available immediately, and without something tethered to the phone. Yes, it makes the phone larger & heavier, but you don't have a cord with something at the other end. However, the mod is more expensive, and less capacity, so it's certainly a trade-off. It all comes down to usage & opinion.

I'm really not a fan of external battery packs. I totally get why others like them, but I don't like messing with the cord and holding two devices when I'm out and about. Give me the battery mod over a second device anytime.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm really not a fan of external battery packs. I totally get why others like them, but I don't like messing with the cord and holding two devices when I'm out and about. Give me the battery mod over a second device anytime.
That's how I feel. I have a external battery pack as well but I have only used it twice and both times I was at Disney world. Other than that the battery mod will suffice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non