Octodon Keyboard Moto Mod

AlexLysenko

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,
We are developing a new all-finger keyboard mod which can compete with desktop keyboards in speed and accuracy.
In fact the technology was developed earlier, and now we are going to port it into Moto Mods ecosystem.
So here is a link to our newly launched campaign:
https://igg.me/at/octodon
Your thoughts and questions are welcome!

dwerkmd

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Seems like a nifty concept but I'm guessing there would be more support and sales for making a landscape sliding keyboard. This looks cool but incredibly niche. Hard to see anyone out of their 20's wanting to learn to type this way.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree. You would be making a niche product/accessory for an already niche product (the phone itself). Business 101 would say no...unless you can get the couple dozen buyers to pay you a couple hundred each. Not trying to be mean, just honest.

AlexLysenko

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for you thoughts!

In fact we are also offering an universal bluetooth model, so the phone itself is not a much a limitation.

Concerning the odd input method itself - well, I know it is a niche, and I guess sliding mini-QWERTY would attract much more customers now. But mini-QWERTY is not something we find interesting to make. The idea behind this project was to try creating a device which is really optimized for professional mobile usage. And there is no solution for this on the market, as all the mini-QWERTY are compromises.

As far as I can see there will be people who needs in fast and accurate typing (coding, writing, etc.). Now there is only one solution exist for them: full-sized keyboard, requiring a desk. But world is going more and more mobile. So either these professionals will be linked to desks forever, or there is a place for a new solutions more suitable for mobile world.

I put some my thoughts about this below, hope it will help to understand it all better:
“Many years ago QWERTY-layout was brought to small screens because all the users knew it from desktops. And it looked alright – pocket devices were just Digital Assistants those days; nobody thought that a mobile device can be a productivity tool, and layout familiarity was beneficial for casual typing. But today a mobile device can well be a primary device, and many kids today know QWERTY layout just because in this order letters are placed on their smartphones screens. So what is the benefit of using it today? It does not look right anymore.”

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk