DEAL: Moto 360 Camera $200 at Best Buy

kingstu

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I got and have used it a few times. I haven't used any of the streaming options for it yet but I have recorded 360 video and used the 360 photos and wide-angle photos that it can take. You can see where the stitching takes place as one side seems brighter. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future firmware update.

I am new to 360 cameras so the fact that it was simple to learn and use was nice. It doesn't obscure your camera like the Hasselblad mod so you can use the rear camera or the 360 camera depending on the shot that you want. Also the little button on it acts as shutter so it is easy to take pictures without having to touch the screen or touch the volume button. The shutter also works with the rear camera which is another plus.

I don't use it much except when I go out knowing that I want to take some pictures. Being able to share the photos with Facebook or Google Photos makes it easy to share with others. I don't have reason to use it much but it's nice that it's available seems well thought out in it's design.

livewiremaxx

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do not get it, worst $300 I ever threw away.
I keep hoping that an update will fix the problems and that never comes. I just wrote this up over at Lenovo ...

So I do not usually like to talk bad about products unless I have to . Do not get the 360 mod its terrible, and a waste of money. I paid the $300 some plus to get this, got it before the software update so that I could even try it out. BTW I am on a moto z. Got the update, and was able to use the camera. Quality is terrible nothing like advertised. Live broadcast did not come as advertised, and then when something came out to be able to do live broadcast it is so unstable and terrible you wouldnt ever want to try again.

The live broadcast was one of the big things for me, I am a Fire Dept. PIO and wow what a deal would that be to do live broadcast so that you can show off your training. Well think again. The app crashes your phone about 4 times before you can get it to sta stable enough to use it. You use it and if you are lucky to get connected to Facebook it is so gittery no one can watch it. Before anyone says it's your internet, its not... I have done it on high-speed wifi, as well as full signal good strength cell service too. You go to save that live stream, and no audio gets saved... Just the jittery video.

Now for some reason the camera app also crashes the entire camera when taking pictures.

And yes, I have cleared cache, yes I have done a full wipe and redo the entire phone ... took me a week.
I am now to the point telling family do not buy Motorola. That is how upset I am over this, and I have 2 members of my family looking for new phones.