Moto X:Playstore, Cost, Availability?

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's hoping those of us on Verizon can get it $299/349 if that is the price, and through anywhere BUT the play store! :p

This. It seems that the Play Store, for almost all device launches has been the worst place to buy a new Google product. Comparing to multiple other retailers, the Play Store charges tax and expedited shipping, takes longer to process orders, and has the most problems during a new device launch. Google gives me little incentive to buy new items from them when I can just as easily pick up my new device from Best Buy 4 days earlier than they're supposed to even start shipping, or from Amazon tax-free with overnight Saturday shipping for a small fee with my Prime account.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
This. It seems that the Play Store, for almost all device launches has been the worst place to buy a new Google product. Comparing to multiple other retailers, the Play Store charges tax and expedited shipping, takes longer to process orders, and has the most problems during a new device launch. Google gives me little incentive to buy new items from them when I can just as easily pick up my new device from Best Buy 4 days earlier than they're supposed to even start shipping, or from Amazon tax-free with overnight Saturday shipping for a small fee with my Prime account.

My experience with Google store different from yours. Have bought 2 Nexus 4 phones there and had prompt service and shipment. No complaints. Sorry that hasn't been your experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bquindawl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone even remotely worried that the cost of this phone, that everyone is speculating about could be wildly off?

Reason I ask is because the Droids that came out on Verizon are priced the way they are.

This Moto X is essentially the same phone.

We have established that the Moto X is going to be on Verizon.

Does anybody who has EVER had any experience with Verizon at all think for one minute that they(Verizon) would allow essentially the same phone as their beloved DROIDs, on their network, at a price point that would.....

A.) Completely undercut the price of their DROID branded phones, and...

B.) Encourage use of their network WITHOUT contract

These two things go COMPLETELY against everything evil Verizon has ever stood for.

Disclaimer: I hope I'm COMPLETELY and utterly wrong. :)

Posted via Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Unless allowing the Moto X on their network for a lower price was part of Googorola's deal with Verizon. Verizon gets complete control over the future of the Droid line and in return, Google gets to do as they please with their most important phone to date.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess customizing will decrease its value on the used phones market later.

I'm hoping the customization options force people to sell for less. After all, who wants a pink Moto X that says "Congrats on Graduating Phlebotomy School, Karen!"?

If it knocks a little money off the price I'll be happy. I always put a case on it in the end.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
4 more days until the Moto X press event. I very interested in what more they could have talk about the phone that hasn't been leaked. I hope the software is more than what we are expecting. I am also curious if they will have Google Reps talking at the Moto X event. I am curious how much Google is involve and how much the Moto X will be a Google product.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
How come in the top picture the phone is black on the front and white in the back, while the phones in the lower pictures are completely white or completely black?

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's just part of my wishful thinking but considering the $35 price tag of the Chromecast, maybe the $300-350 price range isn't as far fetched as we hope it's not.

Here's hoping those of us on Verizon can get it $299/349 if that is the price, and through anywhere BUT the play store! :p

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
How come in the top picture the phone is black on the front and white in the back, while the phones in the lower pictures are completely white or completely black?

Looks like they can be mixed and matched. The one Eric Schmidt was using had a white back and black front and all of the "white" Nexus devices had a black front.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Looks like they can be mixed and matched. The one Eric Schmidt was using had a white back and black front and all of the "white" Nexus devices had a black front.

Correct you can customize the front from the back and have a two tone phone. I am going for all one color.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91