so what is everyone's main complaints of the phone?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: so what is everyones main complaints of the phone?

Not knowing what the Nexus 5 is, I could easily argue for getting a known quantity versus a gamble.

Versus the HTC One, I think the two devices are very comparable out of the box. With the GPe edition... personally I like the Sense One more than the GPe version, but I think you did the smart thing and got the Sense one and flashed GPe, meaning you can always go back if you decide you want to play with Sense again. Not sure if that's possible the other direction or not.

The One has a much better screen. people love the build materials, a 100MAh edge on the battery capacity and 2 extra cores in it's S600. On battery life, software functionality, software speeds, button configuration, camera and on the customization front, the One may have just been trounced, but at the least it's been caught. It's very interesting to compare the two, being two distinct paradigms of how to tackle smart phones and what smartphones are for... much more interesting than the S4 vs Moto X comparison.

I wonder how the performance of the moto x will stack up to the HTC ONE.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Then you're probably not the target audience.

Anyone ever think that maybe the game changing factor in this phone is the fluidity and ease of use? With so many new android users that are added every year, is there really an android phone out right now that has the fluidity/dependability /ease of use that the iPhone possesses?

But what is so much more fluid about this phone compared to the Ultra for instance. About the same size, larger screen, similar battery, better screen, close in price (I think?). Or the same but twice the battery in the MAXX. The case might be a little prettier and curvy. I'll give it that. But, if you put the phone flat on a table and tap on the keyboard does the phone wobble back and forth??? That would annoy me.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

But what is so much more fluid about this phone compared to the Ultra for instance. About the same size, larger screen, similar battery, better screen, close in price (I think?). Or the same but twice the battery in the MAXX. The case might be a little prettier and curvy. I'll give it that. But, if you put the phone flat on a table and tap on the keyboard does the phone wobble back and forth??? That would annoy me.

I like how you picked the one phone that is almost identical to the X to use as an example. How about comparing it to the One or the S4. If I can just pick up the X and start talking to do a Google search, for example, that's far more fluid and intuitive than what I have to do on the One. Press the power button, enter my PIN, click search, then click the mic. Or, power button, PIN, Chrome, type my search.

IDK, you tell me which one is more fluid.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I like how you picked the one phone that is almost identical to the X to use as an example. How about comparing it to the One or the S4. If I can just pick up the X and start talking to do a Google search, for example, that's far more fluid and intuitive than what I have to do on the One. Press the power button, enter my PIN, click search, then click the mic. Or, power button, PIN, Chrome, type my search.

You can bypass the PIN with the always on voice on the x? That's kind of scary, and would probably make my exchange admins rip their hair out.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to even pick it up. You can just scream MOTO MAGICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC and do a Google search. Preferably with your shirt off pounding on your chest to max out your manliness.

This IS how I'd use this device, btw.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

You can bypass the PIN with the always on voice on the x? That's kind of scary, and would probably make my exchange admins rip their hair out.

Not sure, but I know on the One you can access the camera app without inputting the PIN, it just doesn't let you anywhere else.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

For those of us not chained to Verizon, the ultra is a complete non factor.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how much ATT is going to muck up updates to this phone if I get it in contract?I don't know if Motorola and Google will get around that.