My Problem with the "hype"

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Phil's version this weekend was at 15 hours 9 min @ 30% with 4.5-6 hours of screen on (not including active display). That extrapolates to 21 hours 38 minutes and 6.5-8 hours of screen on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
i've read almost every review that has been written on this phone including random people on youtube and i recall the vast majority loving the battery.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Gizmodo also has their review up. About the battery:

you were blindly defending the moto x long before it was announced or any real specs were solid. Just like you religiously made excuses for the galaxy nexus's downfalls before it came out.

I just wish people would be more open minded about what phone they are getting, instead of picking one and then talking themselves into it after the fact. It's usually google fan boys who must have google's new thing (kinda like apple fan boys) regardless if it isn't the best, or even good.

I owned the galaxy nexus for a long time, and the phone was utterly a piece of crap.

the moto x isn't the best, its definetly good tho and much better than the Gnex.. but It's still the same group of people suddenly reinventing what people want in a smartphone to make it as if google is untouchable.

like no sd card on the gnex being a good thing all of a sudden, lte not on the nexus 4 was somehow a good thing aswell... and the moto x having a dual core cpu is a good thing too

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
you were blindly defending the moto x long before it was announced or any real specs were solid. Just like you religiously made excuses for the galaxy nexus's downfalls before it came out.

I don't know what your problem is with me that you remember what I was posting about the Galaxy Nexus better than I do. Maybe you're right. I have no idea. That was almost TWO YEARS AGO. I don't hang onto messageboard posting the way you apparently do. I'm not going back to check because it's really not important.

Please stop stalking me. You're going on my ignore list.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what your problem is with me that you remember what I was posting about the Galaxy Nexus better than I do. Maybe you're right. I have no idea. That was almost TWO YEARS AGO. I don't hang onto messageboard posting the way you apparently do. I'm not going back to check because it's really not important.

Please stop stalking me. You're going on my ignore list.

you don't realize that maybe I am posting about something that was two years ago.. because unlike you I am only here when I am researching a new phone... ala contract upgrade 2 years later?

you have 1469 posts.. and 1481 global posts.. whatever that is. either way get over yourself.. no one is stalking you I just remember you acted the same way before.. rather obnoxious.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
No you guys are right, I didn't read the droid-life review...

"So again, the battery life on the Moto X is neither bad nor great. It?s really somewhere in the middle."

Typical fan boys go like this...

Specs leak.... "Oh this phone sucks bring on the next phone."

Phone gets announce... "That's it, I'm getting (another phone), this is a complete fail. That's the last nail in the coffin."

Next day, this is the best phone! "What am I going to do till it comes out! I can't wait for it! Take my money now!"

And before you sit here and say, then get out of these forums... I'm here because I don't mind owning the moto x to back up my HTC One after my GNex finally broke. I also enjoying having a backup that should get timely updates.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, to be fair, the ones we've seen so far are just generic commercials. Once the carrier specific ones start we'll probably see more differentiation and focus for the non-att ones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, that makes sense, thanks.
But why is google spending $500 million on an ad campaign to put out generic ads and then let the carriers put out the ads that we should actually pay attention to?

Posted via Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
But why is google spending $500 million on an ad campaign to put out generic ads and then let the carriers put out the ads that we should actually pay attention to?

What makes you think that people only pay attention to carrier ads?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Probably for the same reason that Apple spends millions on ad campaigns for the iPhone and then lets Sprint put out ads for the iPhone.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Probably for the same reason that Apple spends millions on ad campaigns for the iPhone and then lets Sprint put out ads for the iPhone.

That's right. I remember back when Verizon first got the iPhone and I was seeing all those Apple commercials that Apple made saying that you could talk and surf the net at the same time.

My bad, I'm very forgetful.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No you guys are right, I didn't read the droid-life review...

"So again, the battery life on the Moto X is neither bad nor great. It?s really somewhere in the middle."

Typical fan boys go like this...

Specs leak.... "Oh this phone sucks bring on the next phone."

Phone gets announce... "That's it, I'm getting (another phone), this is a complete fail. That's the last nail in the coffin."

Next day, this is the best phone! "What am I going to do till it comes out! I can't wait for it! Take my money now!"

And before you sit here and say, then get out of these forums... I'm here because I don't mind owning the moto x to back up my HTC One after my GNex finally broke. I also enjoying having a backup that should get timely updates.

Read the actual time figures he gives. The battery life he got is better than pretty much anything except for the RAZR maxx.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sorry. I meant carrier ads as in the type of ads apple does, where they advertise specific features but with the carriers logo at the end. I did not mean ads actually put out by the carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty