08-30-2013 11:57 AM
57 123
tools
    Do either of these come with a microSD slot? From the info that was released it didn't look like it, but today I was 'chatting' with a Verizon person through their website, and they claimed multiple times that the Droid Maxx does have a microSD slot - I'm assuming she was wrong but I hope she's correct.
    08-20-2013 11:51 AM
    In the time it took you to write that post, you could have

A) Searched these forums.
    B) Searched Google.
    C) Looked at the Maxx's specs page.

In the time it took me to write this post, I could've just said:

A) NO.
    08-20-2013 12:00 PM
    A) I did and nothing came up - perhaps I'm search challenged if this is out there.
    B) I did - and continually find items related to Droid Razr Maxx and HD variants - not much on the Droid Maxx
    C) I did look at the Maxx spec page which doesn't list it, but it also doesn't deny it - and with the statement from the Verizon person - I wanted to make sure - thus my request.

Thank you for your kind response and affirming what I understood.
    08-20-2013 12:17 PM
    I think what will ultimately finalize your decision will be what tradeoffs are you more likely to live with. For me I like having the bigger battery but as long as I can get a day I'm good. The biggest trade off for me is going to be the size. I don't know how compact the Maxx is but I currently have the GSIII and I feel that is the biggest I will go and its already a bit of a stretch.
    08-20-2013 12:29 PM
    I think what will ultimately finalize your decision will be what tradeoffs are you more likely to live with. For me I like having the bigger battery but as long as I can get a day I'm good. The biggest trade off for me is going to be the size. I don't know how compact the Maxx is but I currently have the GSIII and I feel that is the biggest I will go and its already a bit of a stretch.
    Samsung Galaxy S III Visual Size Comparison

: ). I live for this site's phone size comparison.
    08-20-2013 03:06 PM
    Can i ask why you are leaving your gs3?
    08-20-2013 03:07 PM
    I stopped by the Verizon store today to check out the MAXX. I underestimated how much I was going to like it in person. From the front, it looks like a slick slab of black glass and it's much easier to handle than I thought it would be. I was tempted to upgrade to it, but I'm still going to wait for the X.
    08-20-2013 06:12 PM
    I stopped by the Verizon store today to check out the MAXX. I underestimated how much I was going to like it in person. From the front, it looks like a slick slab of black glass and it's much easier to handle than I thought it would be. I was tempted to upgrade to it, but I'm still going to wait for the X.
    Now I want to go play with one.
    08-20-2013 06:36 PM
    I had a maxx HD and the battery life was insane. If I was choosing between the Moto and the Maxx I would take the Maxx in a second. It has every feature that the Moto has plus its not a mid level spec phone.
    08-20-2013 06:48 PM
    I had a maxx HD and the battery life was insane. If I was choosing between the Moto and the Maxx I would take the Maxx in a second. It has every feature that the Moto has plus its not a mid level spec phone.
    This is easily the funniest thing I've read all week.
    jephanie, ChuckG73, jrowe and 1 others like this.
    08-20-2013 06:55 PM
    This is easily the funniest thing I've read all week.
    I don't know about funny. Certainly ridiculous, though.
    ChuckG73 and Aquila like this.
    08-20-2013 06:56 PM
    You mean other than they're the same phone other than form factor, screen size (and therefore ppi), buttons and battery size? There's nothing "mid-range" about either one of them, and both are very possibly in the top 5 devices available list (along with the LG G2, HTC One and Google Nexus 4).
    08-20-2013 07:02 PM
    I don't know about funny. Certainly ridiculous, though.
    Imagine how boring my life must be.
    08-20-2013 07:16 PM
    Other than the customized back, the one thing that clinches the X for me over the Droid family is the fact the Droids have the capacitive buttons that won't rotate with the screen and won't disappear when using apps that don't call for them. Additionally, it will force an ugly black bar to appear to give the user access to the menu/settings/options button (the 3 dots we've all come to know and love). The Moto X will behave like the last two Nexus devices, which I very much prefer.
    08-20-2013 08:30 PM
    Other than the customized back, the one thing that clinches the X for me over the Droid family is the fact the Droids have the capacitive buttons that won't rotate with the screen and won't disappear when using apps that don't call for them. Additionally, it will force an ugly black bar to appear to give the user access to the menu/settings/options button (the 3 dots we've all come to know and love). The Moto X will behave like the last two Nexus devices, which I very much prefer.
    The Maxx has an option to hide the onscreen menu button and instead long press the Recent button to keep that ugly menu off the screen.

I went to vzw to play with the Maxx last night and I got bit lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    08-21-2013 12:21 PM
    The Maxx has an option to hide the onscreen menu button and instead long press the Recent button to keep that ugly menu off the screen.

I went to vzw to play with the Maxx last night and I got bit lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
    hmmmm. So confused. Maxx has regular buttons that are not on the screen, right? what are those called as opposed to hard buttons and screen buttons.
    08-21-2013 12:41 PM
    hmmmm. So confused. Maxx has regular buttons that are not on the screen, right? what are those called as opposed to hard buttons and screen buttons.
    Believe he means this.......

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/15...om-hell-party/
    jephanie likes this.
    08-21-2013 12:47 PM
    What are those called. Is that capacitive and a hard button is called something else?
    08-21-2013 12:49 PM
    What are those called. Is that capacitive and a hard button is called something else?
    Yea the Maxx has capacitive buttons. Which are the buttons that are not on screen and not physical buttons that you press in, like what the iPhone would have.

What he's referring to is the menu button which is the 3 dots on the screen in that picture. Since the Maxx only has the Home, Back, and Multitask button....they put the menu onscreen. Which he says can be removed in settings.
    Paisley likes this.
    08-21-2013 12:52 PM
    First, there are physical/hardware buttons which can be seen looking at a Droid X or Droid X2.

Second, there are capacitive buttons which can be seen looking at the Droid Maxx and Droid Ultra.

Last, there are software buttons which can be seen looking at the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and Moto X.
    Paisley likes this.
    08-21-2013 01:33 PM
    I'm getting both.

Upgraded my wife's line (Gnex) last night to a Maxx. She may or may not keep it. Really wanted a Mini but for some reason (?) Moto failed to ship them to VZW for the launch.

Planning on getting the Moto X VZW Developer edition that Punit mentioned on G+ a couple weeks ago for myself when it is released to keep my UNL data.

Wife needs the battery life - I don't. I have chargers at home/work/car so I should be good with the X phone. Hope the developer edition can be ordered through Moto Maker.
    08-21-2013 01:39 PM
    I looked at both in the store today and when I picked the MAXX I could not believe how well it felt in the hand and I have small hands. The ultra though was hard to hold since it was so thin. Also note that I compared the the size to my OG Driod Razr and they were the same exact width which really surprised me.
    08-21-2013 03:09 PM
    I looked at both in the store today and when I picked the MAXX I could not believe how well it felt in the hand and I have small hands. The ultra though was hard to hold since it was so thin. Also note that I compared the the size to my OG Driod Razr and they were the same exact width which really surprised me.
    oh man, i'm going to go to verizon today after work. sounds great. (not that i can get one, but still).
    08-21-2013 03:24 PM
    I got the Maxx for a few reasons:

1) Who knows when VWZ will actually get the X - for better or worse I am with them
    2) The battery life
    3) Wireless charging - I have had the phone for 2 days and love that feature
    4) I like the size of the phone
    08-22-2013 03:20 PM
    ohhh. i much prefer those. they may not go away when you rotate but you get the full 5" screen most of the time but you only get the full 4.7" with on screen button *some* of the time. (as long a peson can get rid of the black bar above it, which is what i *think* that article says, but again, i don't understand either of the 2 button/bar things staying or going, so, there's that)
    08-22-2013 03:30 PM
57 123