Moto Maker on VZ, Sprint, and T-Mo

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this device will fly off the shelves when Moto Maker is offered to the other carriers. I'm just curious though about all the people who get a black or white Moto X before Moto Maker is available.

Do you think Motorola/The Carriers will give like a discount or trade-in program for people who bought a black or white X at launch and now want a custom X??

I can't wait to check out this phone and if I like it I'm probably going to get a black one because I don't think my GNex will make it until the exclusive with AT&T is over.

So I was wondering if you think Motorola would let me trade-in my black X for a custom one?? Maybe pay a small fee, like $50 or something, totally fine with me. I'm thinking it's not gonna happen though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

The short answer: No.

The long answer: Hell no. Why would they? They already have your money and have you locked in to a 2 year contract most likely. They'll start caring about you again in about 23 months.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The short answer: No.

The long answer: Hell no. Why would they? They already have your money and have you locked in to a 2 year contract most likely. They'll start caring about you again in about 23 months.

That's what I'm saying. We've already paid for the phone and a contract (unless you get it at full retail). This is a way for them to make more money. You send in the X you bought to get it customized. Since I'm sure it's easy to take off the face plate and back cover and all that. They should have a service for people to send in their phones to get customized. It's a way for them to make more money. And get more business. People have been waiting for this phone since forever. It's gonna be really hard for a lot of people to have to wait a few more months until they can customize it. Even if they charged $100 to get your own X customized...... That's only $300 for a fully unique phone that's all yours. I'd probably pay that.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
No. You're not going to get some "special" deal to trade in a 3 month old phone. I'm not sure why Phil posted that on the front page because the chances of that happening are the same as Edward Snowden returning to the U.S. and being welcomed by Obama as a national hero.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
No. You're not going to get some "special" deal to trade in a 3 month old phone. I'm not sure why Phil posted that on the front page because the chances of that happening are the same as Edward Snowden returning to the U.S. and being welcomed by Obama as a national hero.

So... you're telling me theres a chance!!!!!

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Hahahahahaha. Oh man. You're probably right though. A guy can dream right?? I'm sure Phil put it on the front page because it's an interesting concept. If it did happen that would be crazy amazing. And I would take the credit for it :p j/k. Well this kinda puts the X off my wish list. So it's down to the One and Maxx. I need to get my hands and these phones!!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hahahahahaha. Oh man. You're probably right though. A guy can dream right?? I'm sure Phil put it on the front page because it's an interesting concept. If it did happen that would be crazy amazing. And I would take the credit for it :p j/k. Well this kinda puts the X off my wish list. So it's down to the One and Maxx. I need to get my hands and these phones!!

You know, I love my One. But the thought of the One Maxx...it's like fake tits, bigger = better!

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You know, I love my One. But the thought of the One Maxx...it's like fake tits, bigger = better!

I was thinking the same thing!! I feel like being on VZ is like an endless loop of new devices......later. Much much later. We're always waiting and when the phone we want comes out, the next best thing is around the corner. It sucks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing!! I feel like being on VZ is like an endless loop of new devices......later. Much much later. We're always waiting and when the phone we want comes out, the next best thing is around the corner. It sucks.

Once Verizon activates band 4 and volte, you can use an unlocked T-Mobile or at&t lte (aws) phone on Verizon and get 4glte wherever Verizon 1700/2100mhz lte is deployed, which won't be as widespread( and probably limited to heavy demand areas) as Verizon's band 13 lte, but if you must have the latest phones and verizon, then it is an option.

Any device currently using 700mhz upper block c lte would currently work on Verizon, this includes the nexus 7. Now, Verizon lte at this point is data only which is why I said once volte is deployed, which should happen next year. Also, band 4 deployment should be next year as well, and band 4 is the same band used by AT&T and tmobile for lte.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
a-chance.gif

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Once Verizon activates band 4 and volte, you can use an unlocked T-Mobile or at&t lte (aws) phone on Verizon and get 4glte wherever Verizon 1700/2100mhz lte is deployed, which won't be as widespread( and probably limited to heavy demand areas) as Verizon's band 13 lte, but if you must have the latest phones and verizon, then it is an option.

Any device currently using 700mhz upper block c lte would currently work on Verizon, this includes the nexus 7. Now, Verizon lte at this point is data only which is why I said once volte is deployed, which should happen next year. Also, band 4 deployment should be next year as well, and band 4 is the same band used by AT&T and tmobile for lte.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Interesting post dpham.

Do you (or anyone else) know if the Moto X has the capability now with a OTA update to utilize the VoLTE when Verizon turns on their AWS band 4? Or would you just be sol until the Moto X1 comes out with a different chip ?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting post dpham.

Do you (or anyone else) know if the Moto X has the capability now with a OTA update to utilize the VoLTE when Verizon turns on their AWS band 4? Or would you just be sol until the Moto X1 comes out with a different chip ?

Judging by.....http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/13/verizon-cfo-lays-out-verizons-volte-roadmap/

My guess is that it doesn't have VoLTE yet. For starters it won't be that widespread so launching it right now seems kinda pointless for Moto to go through the hassle to do it. Granted it does say a phone at the end of the year will have it, but then again its not a feature that is mentioned anywhere that I've seen.

Keep in mind that VoLTE will probably be very limited and who knows when it'll actually go live. I would hope they get the kinks worked out before they open to customers since its not backwards compatible with CDMA, so thats gonna be a lot of dropped calls.

CDMA on Verizon seems incredibly reliable, idk why ppl would be asking for VoLTE to be rdy for them, other than possibly using unlocked phones. But even then since VoLTE will only be on Verizon for now....we don't rly know when those other phones will work or even if they will on Verizons network.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
tnx Woosh 4 the link. URe video response above me :D!
Reading about the RF360 LTE baseband chip and thought it might be inside the X.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting post dpham.

I agree with Woosh based on the article he posted. Most likely the Moto X won't support volte on Verizon. but one of it's successors would most likely support it. this means that, once band 4 is activated, you should be able to get data only (no voice) over lte (band 4 only) if you have say a t-mobile device capable of lte. you won't be able to get band 13 nor will you be able to get 2g/3g .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty