Battery life on the Moto X vs the HTC One

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about trading my HTC One for a Moto X on AT&T. Big thing for me is battery life does anybody have any comparison between the 2 phones. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Not yet, but I'll post something once I get my X. Was hoping for today, but looking more like Tuesday at this point. I'm currently using an HTC One Developer Edition.

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Great. I am not looking for hours but just a general sense. From what I see the GPE and the sense edition is about the same on battery life.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Good article thank you. I am also curious about regular use between the two. I know it's subjective but with the same user it should give me a better idea of what to expect for my everyday use compared to my current one. Might just end up buying one and checking it out myself.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I also have a Moto X coming, probably Tuesday as well, so I'll definitely be comparing battery life with my HTC One (Sense version).

Posted via Android Central App

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
First day has me at 12 hours on time with 2 hours screen time and 50% battery left. This included about an hour of calls, an hour of car Bluetooth music and Bluetooth and GPS enabled all day. I'm pretty satisfied with that and seems to at least be comparable to my one, but likely a bit better.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the moto x yesterday and on my first full charge out thebox i got about 1 hour of on screen time which included updating apps, messing around with touchless controls and web browsing on 4g, then it went to 19%. its currently charging right now and people said it takes a couple of charge cycles for it to boost to how it should really be, so i dont know i guess ill see.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
First day has me at 12 hours on time with 2 hours screen time and 50% battery left. This included about an hour of calls, an hour of car Bluetooth music and Bluetooth and GPS enabled all day. I'm pretty satisfied with that and seems to at least be comparable to my one, but likely a bit better.

damn!! i guess my x is defective because i got nothing compared to that on my first day...you could see what i got on this page on the comment I left...

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the moto x yesterday and on my first full charge out thebox i got about 1 hour of on screen time which included updating apps, messing around with touchless controls and web browsing on 4g, then it went to 19%. its currently charging right now and people said it takes a couple of charge cycles for it to boost to how it should really be, so i dont know i guess ill see.

Thanks I think I am pulling the trigger now. Also great question on the battery saver.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
damn!! i guess my x is defective because i got nothing compared to that on my first day...you could see what i got on this page on the comment I left...

I definitely find better battery stats useful to help identify rogue apps. I've seen a number of those, particular some of the weather apps, when local weather and alerts are on. As an example, the new yahoo weather seems to be killing the battery on my htc one and I'm watching it closely on my x. Love the app, but it appears to be driving a lot of partial wake locks throughout the new location API.

snguyen10

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I already mentioned this in another thread, but I recently switched from the HTC One. On an average day (7AM-10PM moderate usage) my HTC One would have about 15% battery by the end of the day. The Motorola X rarely goes under 50%, I did turn off active notifications and touch less controls though.

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Weather apps were draining my battery too so I uninstalled them and now I just use Google Now for weather...I was using accuweather and go weather ex...

I definitely find better battery stats useful to help identify rogue apps. I've seen a number of those, particular some of the weather apps, when local weather and alerts are on. As an example, the new yahoo weather seems to be killing the battery on my htc one and I'm watching it closely on my x. Love the app, but it appears to be driving a lot of partial wake locks throughout the new location API.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra