How to search for contact on dialpad

Ian Davis

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a contact named "Jane Smith". On the stock phone dialpad, I was hoping to tap 5 (J-k-l) - 2 (A-b-c) - 6 (m-N-o) - 3 (d-E-f) and "Jane Smith" (and other "Jane *" contacts) would show up for me to tap on to dial. Instead, it thinks I'm hoping to dial a number starting with 5-2-6-3.

Bummer that this is not available on the dialpad itself. I realize there's a search button in lower left corner, but it'd be great if they integrated this like HTC Sense does.

Any recommendations on a good dialer app that does this that I can use instead? Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sammy's phones also do this by default. I remember my old MotoDroid doing it, too, so maybe there's a hidden setting somewhere?

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the MotoX has been tweaked to change this, but on stock 4.3 you can go to dialer settings and turn on Dial Pad Autocomplete and it will work like that.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a contact named "Jane Smith". On the stock phone dialpad, I was hoping to tap 5 (J-k-l) - 2 (A-b-c) - 6 (m-N-o) - 3 (d-E-f) and "Jane Smith" (and other "Jane *" contacts) would show up for me to tap on to dial. Instead, it thinks I'm hoping to dial a number starting with 5-2-6-3.

Bummer that this is not available on the dialpad itself. I realize there's a search button in lower left corner, but it'd be great if they integrated this like HTC Sense does.

Any recommendations on a good dialer app that does this that I can use instead? Thanks!

read this thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/310715-help-making-phone-calls-yes-you-saw.html#post3037011

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana