camera improvements coming soon!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't have a problem with Motorola. My device got from 2.3.5 to 4.1.2, sure 4.2 would've been nice by now but its not a big popular phone, cameras sastifactory, people need to stop being so spoiled, if it works and is not extremly terriable who cares. And isn't HTC worse with updates?

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Speaking as someone who used to work at Motorola, and still knows many people there,..that's a crock and a pretty obvious one. All of the Motorola management, down to a pretty low level, has been replaced by Googlers. This is a fiction Google maintains so the other Android manufactures don't revolt. Of course they know its a fiction too but play along.
Not a bad thing since I left Motorola because I thought the management was terrible.
The good news is that its really only the carriers in the way of updates so I think you will see them fairly quickly.
Also I think it's pretty safe to throw out any assumptions based on the old Motorola. Thousands of people from the old Motorola are gone and whole divisions have been axed. It's a Google run show now not that they always are the best at consumer hardware.
Also the person who is asking for tap to focus on the X must not realize that this is an option in the menu.

1) Because Google has made is clear that Motorola is still it's own division and has distanced itself from giving exclusivity to Motorola. So just because Motorola is owned by Google does not necessarily mean updates will happen more quickly than any other OEM. It's not a Nexus!
So yeah, we can hope that some minor updates will come quickly, but I'm not holding my breath. And you can expect a major release like 4.3 or 4.4 to come significantly later on the Moto X than they will on the Nexus or GPE devices.

For normal Google services yes, for camera, which is hardware, I'm not sure how they would do that. Google's efforts in this area revolve around fragmentation of Google services on different versions of Android not really anything else.

I'm not exactly sure how this will work. Given how Google has been modifying Android to be more modular, perhaps these improvements will be delivered via the Play Store bypassing any carrier intervention.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got my X yesterday and yes the camera sucks. My iPhone 5, a year old phone, is dramatically better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got my X yesterday and yes the camera sucks. My iPhone 5, a year old phone, is dramatically better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We already knew the iP5 has the best camera ;) I'm not surprised this didn't beat it at all. I'm getting some good shots out of my X but at least 1 in 5 are fairly fuzzy. I think it's more me than the camera because I've seen some great shots out of it in forums.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
We already knew the iP5 has the best camera ;) I'm not surprised this didn't beat it at all. I'm getting some good shots out of my X but at least 1 in 5 are fairly fuzzy. I think it's more me than the camera because I've seen some great shots out of it in forums.

I've just been going with the *snap a few quickly and choose the best/edit later* approach. Seems to work out if you don't mind the extra work.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've just been going with the *snap a few quickly and choose the best/edit later* approach. Seems to work out if you don't mind the extra work.

Yep, ever since the rapid fire became available that's worked for me. It's a little extra work to delete the backups from G+ but if I forget I never care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non