Feeling a lot better with my Moto X purchase especially after the iPhone 5s announcement

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
OK how about this then. Been a Dev for over 6 years and converting or building for IOS 7 (64b) takes on average about 90 seconds per 32 bit app and zero time added for 64 bit from scratch. Me thinks that you are venturing way outside of your current skill set but please keep googling and asking more questions. 32 to 64 for developers is practically seamless and it's even easier when porting.
That's outstanding considering they haven't had it until the A7 which just came out. I envy your mad time travel skills

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually Apple is one of the wealthiest corporations in the world. I would think that's a great trend.

You would think....buy their market share is getting pac manned. Maybe cheap I phones will help that decline.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
OK how about this then. Been a Dev for over 6 years and converting or building for IOS 7 (64b) takes on average about 90 seconds per 32 bit app and zero time added for 64 bit from scratch. Me thinks that you are venturing way outside of your current skill set but please keep googling and asking more questions. 32 to 64 for developers is practically seamless and it's even easier when porting.

Ah so adding a 64 bit CPU is of even less significance than I had originally thought. Try for clearing that up for me.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I think everyone will agree that there are not a lot of apps that take advantage of 64 bit right now. But there will be. If the progressions aren't made the tech won't improve. Same as OpenGL 3.0, retina displays, Bluetooth 4.0 the list goes on. The point is the hardware is there and the groundwork has been laid

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I think everyone will agree that there are not a lot of apps that take advantage of 64 bit right now. But there will be. If the progressions aren't made the tech won't improve. Same as OpenGL 3.0, retina displays, Bluetooth 4.0 the list goes on. The point is the hardware is there and the groundwork has been laid

True Story:beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Sure. Your absolutely correct but it's not worth arguing about on this forum.

Posted via Android Central App

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure that I am feeling better about my Moto X purchase, after reading about the voice cutout issue, and it seems to be widespread. Mine won't even get here till Tuesday, and I'm considering sending it back until they fix the problem. Supposedly, a software fix is coming, so it needs to come on. They shouldn't release another phone out of the factory that still has this problem.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure that I am feeling better about my Moto X purchase, after reading about the voice cutout issue, and it seems to be widespread. Mine won't even get here till Tuesday, and I'm considering sending it back until they fix the problem. Supposedly, a software fix is coming, so it needs to come on. They shouldn't release another phone out of the factory that still has this problem.

I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose. Their laboratory tests probably didn't see it often enough to deem it a problem. Or it wasn't a problem at all. I'm sure they'll iron it out. Seems like the more serious the issue is, the quicker they are to fix it. And call problems are at the top of that list I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty