Terrible Customer Support from Motorola

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear others having the same pending hold thing happening to them but it does at least prove to me that they have a serious problem they need to get straightened out. I am about to give up on this phone altogether and wait for the new nexus. I really wanted to give Motorola a chance but first impressions are hard to overcome. I am still waiting for them to get back to me on over $2000 of my money being held for no reason at all. Why this isn't a priority to them is beyond comprehension...

terminalnonchalance

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear others having the same pending hold thing happening to them but it does at least prove to me that they have a serious problem they need to get straightened out. I am about to give up on this phone altogether and wait for the new nexus. I really wanted to give Motorola a chance but first impressions are hard to overcome. I am still waiting for them to get back to me on over $2000 of my money being held for no reason at all. Why this isn't a priority to them is beyond comprehension...

it makes no sense to me how they can charge me 2 times and put a hold on my CC for full retail value. I would have hoped that Google would be capable of a decent rollout and after sale service. There is nearly $2200 held up on my CC and I have no phone and no answers as to when the money will be re applied to my card.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
their customer service is horrible, I ordered a case near the end of August and I haven't received any information on it since. When I purchased the case it was in stock. I contacted Motorola and I can't seem to get any information other than they're working hard on getting the case shipped out.

Glad I bought my phone in store.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry so many are having problems. This all has been a ongoing problem with a lot of Android devices for early adopters for a while. I joined this forum back in 2011 right before the Motorola Xoom game out. I remember all the issues with that launch. Since then I've had several phones, tablets and even make video reviews of them now. With every launch there have been issues, whether it's Google, Motorola, AT&T or VZW. Luckily I had no issues with my order. I wonder if it's because I was a new customer coming form T-mobile and, got the phone on contract. Whenever I buy a phone full prices there always seems to be problems. It seems like when you're a new customer they bend over to satisfly you.

I am still waiting for accessories that said they were in stock. I gave after calling for two weeks and them saying in has been "exported" and is waiting for FedEx pickup.

I returned my custom phone to AT&T and will be getting iPhone 5s.

I don't like that either. The accessories I want for this phone, the car & desk dock, are still not available. They also show the Proshell case made by Incase in different colors but only sell it in black. This reminds me of how Google does accessories (this could be the problem) and I hope the car & desk docks actually get released.

The Moto X idea, with the custom designing and the website is a really nice concept, but they really need to get it together and work out a lot of things.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, my Moto X has performed at the highest level during the 12 days that I have owned it. My problem is the support system. If you want to advertise the American thing so hard then act like Americans and fix your mistakes. Don't tell me that you haven't gotten around to updating the web site yet. Yes, believe it or not that was the final excuse from them. You want to play the American card for sales then back it up. The American card is integrity. That's how I was brought up and that's what I expect from a vendor. I would be happy to pay 100 dollars more to a company that is comprised of genuine American honesty and values. The irony of it all is that the company that I work for is the one that gave Motorola the freedom to do what they do. What did I get in return? "sorry, we haven't updated our web site yet" Perfect, just perfect.

Well said. The factory is helping the economy in forth worth quite a bit. I remember all the "hiring" ads here and there regarding the factory.

It's a shame however because I knew that the Moto X would have a higher defect rate since they are working with untrained staff.

Lastly: Motorola's support is the worst in the business. I had to deal with them for my Atrix 4G twice. Very bad experience, run arounds, and bunch of bs all around (we will call but don't actually call).
Motorola is actually the reason why I stayed away from android. I was really hoping they had changed for the better with their American based labor, but it seems even with Google backing them that won't happen.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I needed some help and the person from Motorola was great. Great service and she solved all my issues in a timely and quick manor.

Alex Farnaus

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the problem with Motorola agents not knowing much? I called, and got transferred to their "level 2" tech support, and the very arrogant customer support assistant told me that since the 4.4 update all MMS has been disabled from the Messaging App? Is this true? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know anything about how people with the standard black or white moto x, they get a refurbished model, while the people with the customized models get a brand new device? Any information will help. Thanks!

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have dealt with them twice. 2 different people, and they were both outstanding. I would recommend the online chat on the Web site. They really were just awesome. Add far as the refurb for the standard Moto X, I have no idea about that. I ordered mine through Moto maker and they sent me a code for a new one instantly. I would just try again if I were you. If you're not getting anywhere, end the chat and start a new one . You'll probably get a different person.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the problem with Motorola agents not knowing much? I called, and got transferred to their "level 2" tech support, and the very arrogant customer support assistant told me that since the 4.4 update all MMS has been disabled from the Messaging App? Is this true? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know anything about how people with the standard black or white moto x, they get a refurbished model, while the people with the customized models get a brand new device? Any information will help. Thanks!

Only call them on weekdays from 9-5. When support goes overseas after normal hours you are basically hosed. The weekend and night crews will promise the world to move you on. Empty promises.

Last edited:

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Just finished with online support thru a chat window. Having issues with the camera. After 3 questions they give me a code to make a new phone. Plus 10% off. Not bad customer service if you ask me.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked gsm 32 gig. I designed a new one. Black front, dark ebony back with silver accents. Just had to pay $25 for the upgraded back.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My headphone jack stopped working today and I did the customer support chat. They had me clear my cache and when that didn't fix it they are replacing my phone. I've had my phone about 4 months.

Ty Turner

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased 2 Motorola Droid Maxx from Best Buy 20 months ago. They both were nothing but problems after about 11 months. Now they are unusable. If you can actually maneuver to the phone 'app' and try to call someone, they can't hear you. If you are using another app and your phone rings you generally can't get to the phone 'app' to answer the phone call. If your phone rings, you usually can't swipe the phone to answer, and if you can, you can't push the 'hang up' icon to end the phone call. If you are in a wifi area, and dare to try to get on the 'internet' it takes about 1 minute to load the page. If you are on 4g with 3 or more bars, you better be prepared to wait 5 minutes just to get the page loaded.. I purchased Best Buys old protection plan and they have $0 deductible with their 'rapid exchange' program which generally takes 1 week! After 6 or 8 HORRIBLE refurbs, i was offered their "white glove' exchange......I asked what the difference was, and was told that the "white glove' refurbs have actually been TESTED before sending them out! I asked does that mean that the 'non-white gloved' phone's i've received from them weren't even TESTED, and they said YEP! So it's now been 17 total replacement phones and I've gone from HORRIBLE Motorola Razr Maxx phones to UN-USEABLE Motorola Razr Maxx phones. I've not bothered to call Motorola just because when I had a Motorola Razr PHONE (not a smart phone) about 10 years ago, and it was past the 12 month warranty, I got nowhere. What would you suggest. Verizon isn't budging on offering me an early upgrade (I have a little over 3 months) I've been a customer of their for 15 years, never late on a payment. They don't care if I accept Sprint and ATT's offer to buy out my contract. This has left a bad taste in my mouth with MOTOROLA and Verizon. Again, could you tell me what you would do in this case? Thank you for your time!

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That's probably a best buy issue. Friend has had her droid DNA replaced 4x in a matter of weeks. First one Sim card wouldn't work, second one headphone jack was iffy and touchscreen wasn't responsive, third one had a few dead pixels and the last one she got wouldn't even turn on. She called Verizon and had a replacement sent out...works fine. I always go directly through manufacturer or Verizon if I have a defective device and have always had good luck. My experience might be unique. If you're out of warranty, hopefully you have extended warranty through Verizon perhaps they could help although it sounds like you've already tried that avenue. At this point, I'd buy a cheap used phone (perhaps off swappa) until you're upgrade is available.

Ty Turner

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I just spent 30 min on Verizon Chat, and I told her that I was going into the Verizon Store, and paying $600 for a new Samsung Galaxy 5 and I'm returning it in 13 days. Getting a refund, and picking out another Samsung, and returning it, and continue doing this until Nov when my upgrade is available. She said that THAT is what she would do, if she were in my situation! Can you believe it!!! ??? I won't bother loading anything on them. At least I will have a phone that works (I have a 91 year old mom with advanced dementia, and she HAS to be able to reach me, at this point when she calls I can't get to the answer BUTTON!! Hell I might actually be able to 'surf' the web on my phone, I forget, that is possible in 2014 isn't it? I've forgotten! ;-)

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I purchased 2 Motorola Droid Maxx from Best Buy 20 months ago. They both were nothing but problems after about 11 months. Now they are unusable. If you can actually maneuver to the phone 'app' and try to call someone, they can't hear you. If you are using another app and your phone rings you generally can't get to the phone 'app' to answer the phone call. If your phone rings, you usually can't swipe the phone to answer, and if you can, you can't push the 'hang up' icon to end the phone call. If you are in a wifi area, and dare to try to get on the 'internet' it takes about 1 minute to load the page. If you are on 4g with 3 or more bars, you better be prepared to wait 5 minutes just to get the page loaded..

What you describe seems like lag caused by either (or both) accumulated cache or limited free RAM.

I would get a free cache cleaner, like App Cache Cleaner or similar. That's the easier thing to try.

Then I'd examine free RAM at various times, especially at the times of lag. If it's below 100 MB, there's reason to keep monitoring it. On one of my old Gingerbread phones with limited RAM, when it got down to around 45 - 50 MB, I'd have the same trouble, being unable (usually) to answer calls in time. I can't say what the threshold might be for your phone. My fix for the RAM issue was to do without apps that used a lot of RAM. That included doing without any e-mail app other than gmail (that phone had only 512 MB of RAM, thus the draconian solution).

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I just spent 30 min on Verizon Chat, and I told her that I was going into the Verizon Store, and paying $600 for a new Samsung Galaxy 5 and I'm returning it in 13 days. Getting a refund, and picking out another Samsung, and returning it, and continue doing this until Nov when my upgrade is available. She said that THAT is what she would do, if she were in my situation! Can you believe it!!! ??? I won't bother loading anything on them. At least I will have a phone that works (I have a 91 year old mom with advanced dementia, and she HAS to be able to reach me, at this point when she calls I can't get to the answer BUTTON!! Hell I might actually be able to 'surf' the web on my phone, I forget, that is possible in 2014 isn't it? I've forgotten! ;-)

I LOVE your theory, but you'll lose $35 per return for their "restock" fee

Ty Turner

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info and suggestions! Also thanks for letting me vent and reading my story! That helps, a lot! I do have a ram sweeper and each phone has been pretty crappy even before installing apps, but I am getting another white glove phone tomorrow, so I will not install much on it and just use my tablet. I found Verizon Messages and can use it on my tablet. I will take my .cox mail now and see if that helps! I'm going to strip both phones ....and try to deal with them until Nov when I get my upgrade. No more Best Buy, I guess I'll just purchase from Verizon....I guess I'll stay with them as the other 3 anti-christ demonic, evil phone Giants (Tmobile, att, Sprint) are rated 2-1-1 review stars where Verizon gets 3. I do hate them, and I want to get them back, but I am not paying a restocking fee....I knew there had to be a catch! Anyone have dealings with their new Edge program? Lastly anyone had any sucess going to Motorola with a device 19 months old?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty