09-14-2015 08:51 PM
72 123
tools
    Did you have a customized moto x, or the standard one?
    05-31-2014 03:36 PM
    Custom.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-01-2014 03:34 PM
    Unlocked gsm 32 gig. I designed a new one. Black front, dark ebony back with silver accents. Just had to pay $25 for the upgraded back.

06-01-2014 04:50 PM
    My headphone jack stopped working today and I did the customer support chat. They had me clear my cache and when that didn't fix it they are replacing my phone. I've had my phone about 4 months.
    06-04-2014 10:48 PM
    I purchased 2 Motorola Droid Maxx from Best Buy 20 months ago. They both were nothing but problems after about 11 months. Now they are unusable. If you can actually maneuver to the phone 'app' and try to call someone, they can't hear you. If you are using another app and your phone rings you generally can't get to the phone 'app' to answer the phone call. If your phone rings, you usually can't swipe the phone to answer, and if you can, you can't push the 'hang up' icon to end the phone call. If you are in a wifi area, and dare to try to get on the 'internet' it takes about 1 minute to load the page. If you are on 4g with 3 or more bars, you better be prepared to wait 5 minutes just to get the page loaded.. I purchased Best Buys old protection plan and they have $0 deductible with their 'rapid exchange' program which generally takes 1 week! After 6 or 8 HORRIBLE refurbs, i was offered their "white glove' exchange......I asked what the difference was, and was told that the "white glove' refurbs have actually been TESTED before sending them out! I asked does that mean that the 'non-white gloved' phone's i've received from them weren't even TESTED, and they said YEP! So it's now been 17 total replacement phones and I've gone from HORRIBLE Motorola Razr Maxx phones to UN-USEABLE Motorola Razr Maxx phones. I've not bothered to call Motorola just because when I had a Motorola Razr PHONE (not a smart phone) about 10 years ago, and it was past the 12 month warranty, I got nowhere. What would you suggest. Verizon isn't budging on offering me an early upgrade (I have a little over 3 months) I've been a customer of their for 15 years, never late on a payment. They don't care if I accept Sprint and ATT's offer to buy out my contract. This has left a bad taste in my mouth with MOTOROLA and Verizon. Again, could you tell me what you would do in this case? Thank you for your time!
    07-20-2014 01:09 PM
    That's probably a best buy issue. Friend has had her droid DNA replaced 4x in a matter of weeks. First one Sim card wouldn't work, second one headphone jack was iffy and touchscreen wasn't responsive, third one had a few dead pixels and the last one she got wouldn't even turn on. She called Verizon and had a replacement sent out...works fine. I always go directly through manufacturer or Verizon if I have a defective device and have always had good luck. My experience might be unique. If you're out of warranty, hopefully you have extended warranty through Verizon perhaps they could help although it sounds like you've already tried that avenue. At this point, I'd buy a cheap used phone (perhaps off swappa) until you're upgrade is available.

07-20-2014 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I just spent 30 min on Verizon Chat, and I told her that I was going into the Verizon Store, and paying $600 for a new Samsung Galaxy 5 and I'm returning it in 13 days. Getting a refund, and picking out another Samsung, and returning it, and continue doing this until Nov when my upgrade is available. She said that THAT is what she would do, if she were in my situation! Can you believe it!!! ??? I won't bother loading anything on them. At least I will have a phone that works (I have a 91 year old mom with advanced dementia, and she HAS to be able to reach me, at this point when she calls I can't get to the answer BUTTON!! Hell I might actually be able to 'surf' the web on my phone, I forget, that is possible in 2014 isn't it? I've forgotten! ;-)
    maverick96 likes this.
    07-20-2014 02:37 PM
    I purchased 2 Motorola Droid Maxx from Best Buy 20 months ago. They both were nothing but problems after about 11 months. Now they are unusable. If you can actually maneuver to the phone 'app' and try to call someone, they can't hear you. If you are using another app and your phone rings you generally can't get to the phone 'app' to answer the phone call. If your phone rings, you usually can't swipe the phone to answer, and if you can, you can't push the 'hang up' icon to end the phone call. If you are in a wifi area, and dare to try to get on the 'internet' it takes about 1 minute to load the page. If you are on 4g with 3 or more bars, you better be prepared to wait 5 minutes just to get the page loaded..
    What you describe seems like lag caused by either (or both) accumulated cache or limited free RAM.

I would get a free cache cleaner, like App Cache Cleaner or similar. That's the easier thing to try.

Then I'd examine free RAM at various times, especially at the times of lag. If it's below 100 MB, there's reason to keep monitoring it. On one of my old Gingerbread phones with limited RAM, when it got down to around 45 - 50 MB, I'd have the same trouble, being unable (usually) to answer calls in time. I can't say what the threshold might be for your phone. My fix for the RAM issue was to do without apps that used a lot of RAM. That included doing without any e-mail app other than gmail (that phone had only 512 MB of RAM, thus the draconian solution).
    07-20-2014 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I just spent 30 min on Verizon Chat, and I told her that I was going into the Verizon Store, and paying $600 for a new Samsung Galaxy 5 and I'm returning it in 13 days. Getting a refund, and picking out another Samsung, and returning it, and continue doing this until Nov when my upgrade is available. She said that THAT is what she would do, if she were in my situation! Can you believe it!!! ??? I won't bother loading anything on them. At least I will have a phone that works (I have a 91 year old mom with advanced dementia, and she HAS to be able to reach me, at this point when she calls I can't get to the answer BUTTON!! Hell I might actually be able to 'surf' the web on my phone, I forget, that is possible in 2014 isn't it? I've forgotten! ;-)

I LOVE your theory, but you'll lose $35 per return for their "restock" fee
    07-20-2014 08:48 PM
    Thanks for the info and suggestions! Also thanks for letting me vent and reading my story! That helps, a lot! I do have a ram sweeper and each phone has been pretty crappy even before installing apps, but I am getting another white glove phone tomorrow, so I will not install much on it and just use my tablet. I found Verizon Messages and can use it on my tablet. I will take my .cox mail now and see if that helps! I'm going to strip both phones ....and try to deal with them until Nov when I get my upgrade. No more Best Buy, I guess I'll just purchase from Verizon....I guess I'll stay with them as the other 3 anti-christ demonic, evil phone Giants (Tmobile, att, Sprint) are rated 2-1-1 review stars where Verizon gets 3. I do hate them, and I want to get them back, but I am not paying a restocking fee....I knew there had to be a catch! Anyone have dealings with their new Edge program? Lastly anyone had any sucess going to Motorola with a device 19 months old?
    07-21-2014 08:36 AM
    I do have a ram sweeper and each phone has been pretty crappy even before installing apps,
    RAM sweepers just free the freeable RAM, but if you're close to being very low, then they won't really be fixing the problem. Better to visually monitor RAM usage through viewing it in Settings, and then remove RAM-hungry apps or replace them with lighter ones. Get normal RAM usage up to at least 100 and see if your phone performs better. (You'll probably have to disable any automatic RAM sweeping that your RAM sweeper app does in order to see your "normal" RAM usage. I'd just uninstall it, because it's just masking the problem, but that's me. Same for automatic app killer apps.)

You may have some different problem, of course, but since I've done this lag dance on three different phones, and then read a lot of threads on lag and mainly read of those two culprits (low available RAM and high amounts of accumulated cache), I'd suggest you patiently try those fixes first. (They're much easier than fighting Verizon or Best Buy!)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    07-21-2014 10:09 AM
    I have sent my phone in for repair and should have received an exchange back in 24-48 hours. Now its been over a week and since they lost my return they have been unwilling to replace it even though the prof of delivery from FEDEX has been signed for by them. 2 calls a day for a week and they still can not seem to resolve the issue. Each time I call it takes them about an hour of my time and still do not resolve the issue. Extremely frustrated, the employee time they have spent doing nothing could have paid for 2 new phones by now not to mention my time as well.
    What a waste of a service department..........
    07-25-2014 11:06 AM
    I have the same problem, did the Advanced Exchange. Fedex then lost the phone, but motorola charged me the deposit for not returning my original phone. 1 month and numerus calls later, still have no replacement phone, and still have not returned the deposit.
    What makes it worse is everytime you call them its min 1 hour of listening to the same 10 second loop of hold music.
    01-19-2015 01:03 PM
    Not only Motorola sent me a defective advance exchange, the new one was delivered to the wrong street by FedEx. Motorola said to take it up with the currier. Because of these delay, they charged me for not sending the phone back.

Well, after a dozen of calls and a contesting my credit card charge, they refunded everything for me. It only took six weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2015 01:43 AM
    Only six weeks? Maybe I have hope. I sent my Moto X back on December 19th, still haven't gotten refund. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    01-28-2015 09:58 AM
    If anyone will have time to read all the below...
    Is about a band for Moto 360 which it came incomplete.
    When I have tried to "return and replace" it... here is what it happened.
    I have to mention that another 4 calls were made... but for sure you know how is Motorola on phone... (more than 40 minutes a conversation and about 20 minutes on hold).
    Here it is the conversations on chat:

Communication History
    Customer XXX YYY via Web01/28/2015 02:22 AM
    Please respond if you will send the replacement.
    Customer XXX YYY via Web01/26/2015 05:00 PM
    No answer?
    Customer XXX YYY via Web01/24/2015 02:49 AM
    Hi,
    I will start to say that I am very disappointed about Motorola Support.
    After over three weeks from the first call, my problem was not solved and every time when I call or open a chat discussion I have to start from the beginning with all details like you never heard about the product I bought or you don’t know about my problem even I give you all the time the Reference no. of the previous discussion.
    More than this, once I was told that the case is solved and the replacement will be sent in 5 days which never happened.
    I will summarize:
    - At the beginning of January I had a chat discussion to report that the product ordered with number xzczxczx (Moto 360 Dark Stainless Steel Band) arrived incomplete. The plastic adapters were missing from the box. At that time I was informed to call the Support on phone in order to receive a RA # for a return and replace
    - I have called the support and the mess was started: I was asked about the serial number of the product which is obvious that does not exist being an accessory (watch band). I was left on hold few tens of minutes and then I was informed that I have to follow the instructions from the email which I will receive
    - I did not receive any email so I had to call again in few days. On Jan 13 – Reference no 8888-55555. Here I was asked again about serial number and to tell what is my problem. Unfortunately I had to start again to explain everything, I was left on hold again few minutes to be informed that the product is not on stock and it cannot be replaced. I said that is not acceptable because in that moment the product was on stock on the website. I requested the RA # for the return and replace procedure and, after some minutes left on hold an incident was opened: 99999-88888 and RA #: 77777 was assigned. I was informed that in 3 to 5 days I will receive the replacement and I will have to send my product back. The procedure information was sent on email too. You can check the Reference # 77777-88888
    - Unfortunately it seems that this was a lie too because I never received the replacement. Because of this, on January 21 I have opened a chat session (Reference # 88888-77777) to ask why I did not receive the replacement and the answer was that the problem will be checked and an answer will be sent in 24 hours. This of course was a lie again. No answer received.
    - Next day I have updated the support reference # 444444-777777 with a question about this and the online answer was that Motorola Support tried to call me but the voicemail answered (this was a lie too) and I have to call you.
    - On January 23 I called and… no surprise: I was asked about serial number of the product, asked where was bought, what is the problem with it, I was left on hold few times and all this even if I told all the reference numbers and incident number assigned. In that moment I said that is enough. It was like no one there knows what is happening in Motorola Support.
    It looks like you don’t want to solve the customer problems, even the small ones.
    This is my last discussion about this problem and I insist to send the replacement for the product which I bought it from Motorola website (arrived incomplete).

XXX YYY
    Jessica via Email01/22/2015 08:47 PM
    Dear XXX,

Good Day!

We try contacting you but it goes to your voicemail. Please give us a call at 1-800-734-5870 from Monday-Friday 7 AM - 10 PM, Saturday-Sunday 9 AM - 6 PM.

Thank you for contacting Motorola Chat Support.

Best Regards,
    Motorola Customer Support
    Customer XXX YYY via Web01/22/2015 04:36 PM
    Hi,
    I was informed to wait 24 hours for an update but again no update (even after 48 hours!).
    Please tell me when the replacement of the Moto 360 Dark Stainless Steel Band will be sent.
    Regards.
    Chat Transcript Laurie via Chat01/21/2015 05:42 PM
    [05:20:49 PM] Hi, my name is Laurie. How may I help you?
    [05:20:55 PM] XXX YYY: Hi
    [05:21:00 PM] XXX YYY: I'm XXX
    [05:21:38 PM] XXX YYY: can you check the Incident: 44444-55555?
    [05:22:10 PM] XXX YYY: I have discussed to return for replace a steel band which has arrived incomplete
    [05:22:41 PM] XXX YYY: An order for your replacement accessory has been placed under Order #: 444444-222222; which will be delivered to your location within the next 3-5 business days.
    [05:22:53 PM] XXX YYY: this was the confirmation mail received from Motorola
    [05:23:01 PM] Laurie: Hi XXX!
    [05:23:01 PM] XXX YYY: but I did not receive it yet
    [05:23:38 PM] Laurie: I really apologize for the inconvenience, no worries let me try my best to help you out.
    [05:23:43 PM] Laurie: Let me check on this.
    [05:32:25 PM] Laurie: This has been escalated to our support team.
    [05:32:51 PM] XXX YYY: and what's next?
    [05:34:15 PM] Laurie: They will call you back.
    [05:34:33 PM] Laurie: And they will give you the update for that matter.
    [05:35:30 PM] XXX YYY: email?
    [05:35:34 PM] XXX YYY: or phone?
    [05:37:49 PM] Laurie: We will give you ac all back in 24 hours so we can connect you directly to our support team.
    [05:38:46 PM] XXX YYY: did you find my request for return in your system?
    [05:39:09 PM] Laurie: Yes, I found the record.
    [05:39:31 PM] XXX YYY: ok
    [05:39:46 PM] XXX YYY: waiting another 24 hours...
    [05:40:06 PM] Laurie: Great! any other questions?
    [05:41:11 PM] XXX YYY: no
    [05:41:16 PM] XXX YYY: thank you
    [05:41:18 PM] XXX YYY: bye'
    [05:41:27 PM] Laurie: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
    [05:42:44 PM] 'XXX YYY' disconnected ('Concluded by Agent').

and today one:

Irene: Hi, my name is Irene. How may I help you?
    XXX YYY: Hi
    XXX YYY: I'm XXX
    XXX YYY: can you check Reference # 4444-77777?
    Irene: Hi XXX. How are you today?
    XXX YYY: can I have a status on that?
    Irene: Sure, let me open it for you.
    Irene: Alright, the last update that I can see is that it is out of stock. But I suggest that you call our hotline number 1-800-734-5870 so we could transfer you to our order admin and have your order be checked futher.
    XXX YYY: How it can be out of stock if on website is in stock
    XXX YYY: ?
    XXX YYY: I will not call again
    XXX YYY: I am always left on hold 30 minutes
    XXX YYY: can you tell me what is "out of stock"?
    XXX YYY: maybe we are not talking about the same product
    Irene: Moto 360 link is what you have on the reference number you gave me.
    Irene: You don't have to worry, I really checked your account.
    XXX YYY: is not about moto 360
    XXX YYY: are you talking about a watch?
    Irene: Yes.
    Irene: It says Moto 360 Metallic band. Is it not?
    XXX YYY: yes
    XXX YYY: but this is not a watch
    XXX YYY: it is only the band!
    XXX YYY: the band is in stock
    Irene: I understand. That is why I put Moto 360 LINK.
    XXX YYY: here it is if you can check: [link to the product on Motorola website] Moto 360 Metal Bands
    XXX YYY: it is in stock or not?
    Irene: Yes XXX. That is why I strongly suggest that you call our hotline number so you can be transferred to our Order Admin who could shed the light on your order status.
    XXX YYY: Availability: In stock
    XXX YYY: Irene
    XXX YYY: please understand that I did't ordered any bank
    XXX YYY: I only asked for a return and replace
    XXX YYY: band*
    Irene: I certainly understand XXX. And as far as I wanted to answer your inquiry, there is a proper department that handles it.
    XXX YYY: I don't know why you say about an order when is obvious that I have asked to return an item which was received incomplete
    XXX YYY: you can see from my history how many times I made the call
    XXX YYY: 3-4 times
    XXX YYY: over 40 minutes spend on phone on every call
    XXX YYY: and Motorola is not able to give me a RA number for retunr
    XXX YYY: return
    XXX YYY: I only want written instructions about how I can return a broken product
    XXX YYY: to be replaced
    Irene: We call it an order too XXX. I really hoped I can give you an answer to your inquiry, but I do not want to give you a false information just to satisfy you. Again, there is a proper department that handles it. You do not have to worry, I perfectly and certainly understand the nature of your concern.

XXX YYY: it seems you have my request in your system
    XXX YYY: when it will be solved?
    XXX YYY: please ton't tell me to make a call to find the answer from another department
    Irene: I saw your request, but again, please understand that there is an special department that handles it.
    XXX YYY: maybe it should handle it
    XXX YYY: because as you can see, I cave no answer or update to my latest messages
    XXX YYY: so, I don't know anything about my complain
    XXX YYY: are you able to give me an answer to my request?
    XXX YYY: when it will be solved my problem?
    XXX YYY: this without telling me to call again (4th time) a phone number
    XXX YYY: can you ask that "special" department?
    Irene: You really need to call to be connected to them. Is there anything else I can further assist you XXX?
    XXX YYY: yes
    XXX YYY: I want to cancel "the order"
    XXX YYY: I don't want to find that in 6 months you will charge me for a new band
    Irene: Alright.
    XXX YYY: great
    Irene: You do not have to worry about it.
    XXX YYY: it is cancelled or not?
    XXX YYY: I am worried
    XXX YYY: believe me
    XXX YYY: after all what I found about Terrible Customer Support from Motorola
    XXX YYY: so
    XXX YYY: please, cancel any order which is opened on my acoount in this moment
    Irene: Looking on your account, there is a note that you were advised to cancel it before because the order that was place was incorrect, apparently you declined to have it cancelled and that made the replacement challenging to process. That is also the reason why I suggest that you call so you can be transferred to have this problem be resolve on your behalf once and for all but you also declined.
    XXX YYY: it is clear
    XXX YYY: I am sure now that I want to be cancelled
    XXX YYY: can you cancel the order?
    Irene: No, unfortunately I cannot.
    XXX YYY: OK then
    XXX YYY: because I did not placed any order, I will refuse any payment on any charge from Motorola
    Irene: It is your option XXX.
    XXX YYY: ok
    XXX YYY: thank you
    XXX YYY: bye
    Irene: You are welcome. Thank you for contacting Motorola because here in Motorola we value our customers. Have a great one!
    Irene has disconnected.
    benrk likes this.
    01-29-2015 03:54 PM
    (Note: this issue was recently resolved, see bottom of the post for the update)

I can add to this thread. I sent in my wife' phone for repair in late 2014. The repair was $100 (broken screen we wanted repaired). Nothing happens for several weeks and then I get an email telling me that the phone is sitting in their warehouse and I should call because it has "physical damage". So I call, the guy apologizes, and informs me that they no longer make the parts since the 2013 Moto X is EoLed. He sets me up for an advanced device exchange (which is nice because it's a newer phone, but not-so-nice because it's a standard one and I'd ordered a custom MotoMaker device for my wife that she loved). I'm told I will have to call back later in the week to talk to someone higher up to confirm it.

So I call back, and I'm told I have to put in a credit card that will be charged a hold while the advanced exchange is processed, and then refunded. That part might even happen, except that we still don't have a phone from them. It's been more than three months and my wife is using a first gen Moto E we bought second hand, they still have all of our money ($100 RMA fee plus the hold) and they still haven't sent a phone. I've called several times, but I work during their weekday customer service hours, so I can't hound them daily like I'd like to.

I'm really fed up, and I don't even know where to escalate to - being the modern world all communication with them as a customer has to be done through email forms or 800-numbers. As a long time Motorola fan this is bad enough, but I also convinced my wife she'd love the Moto X (which she did) so we should give the "new" Motorola a try, and she's understandably not very impressed anymore.

Update (3/25): I played hookie and went home early Friday so I could call during the appropriate hours. The rep I got through was very polite and helpful (as they all have been, it's just the results that didn't previously materialize). I was escalated all the way up until the problem was resolved. In fact the solution is better than the prior offer, as we were sent an xcode to use on Motomaker. Thus my wife was able to design a phone with the same look as the one she had before. It worked, the order has already gone through and is "being built", and it should be here next week.

This took longer than it should have, and I'll still have to follow up on the credit card hold, but I'm happy that it's been resolved in a way that made my wife a lot happier. I think Motorola deserves credit for getting there, even if not as quickly as I would have liked. Thanks to those who made offers of assistance (and I'm sorry I didn't check back sooner to see them).
    imurrx likes this.
    03-14-2015 11:44 AM
    Have you tried the Motorola Owners Forums yet?

ottscay likes this.
    03-14-2015 12:39 PM
    ottscay, please email me at supportforums@motorola.com. I can help.
    ottscay likes this.
    03-16-2015 02:46 PM
    I just edited my post to indicate it has been resolved, but thank you for the offer of help.
    03-25-2015 01:30 PM
    This is my second RMA with Motorola. The first one was absolutely atrocious. The advance replacement phone wifi refused to work. Then they issued a second RMA on that replacement and then ended having it delivered to the wrong address (FedEx fault but Moto did not want to help resolve it). Throw in a holiday weekend and I got charged with the advance replacement fee and the cost of fixing the original device. The eventually waived everything though I was willing to pay for the repair. Everything I called they kept on getting confused which device I was calling about because of the multiple RMA and Moto X involved.

This time it has gone much smoother an more precise.
    03-26-2015 08:01 PM
    Motorola had GREAT customer service, until Lenovo purchased them. They outsourced everything to india. No one speaks any English. They can't solve simple problems. Don't buy their products.
    09-14-2015 08:51 PM
72 123