Terrible Customer Support from Motorola

pinkunani

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I received my Moto X on August 31st .unfortunately the volume keys were not working. when contacted Motorola about the same they insisted on returning the device so that a redemption code can be sent to order another phone online.

Initially i have been told the redemption code will be sent within 24-48 hours upon receiving the device .

Now it's past 7 days with no phone and all I hear from them is "the issue has been escalated to Admin department and they will call you" which never happened.

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever received from Motorola.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I received my Moto X on August 31st .unfortunately the volume keys were not working. when contacted Motorola about the same they insisted on returning the device so that a redemption code can be sent to order another phone online.

Initially i have been told the redemption code will be sent within 24-48 hours upon receiving the device .

Now it's past 7 days with no phone and all I hear from them is "the issue has been escalated to Admin department and they will call you" which never happened.

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever received from Motorola.

Yup. Exact reason I returned mine. Craptastic customer service.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Could not agree more. After spending the last two days talking to them I am rethinking my purchase altogether and I really like the moto x.

Posted via Android Central App

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately there is only one smartphone manufacturer with great customer service "APPLE". Believe me, I hate to say that. I think it is advisable to get insurance on any other phone.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I agree. I've tried to order a phone through Motorola over four times without success and no one on the Customer Service side of things could help. I kept hearing that the issue would be escalated and I would hear from someone higher up the next day, but no one called me back. I spent over a week calling back to get the issue resolved (while Motorola hung on to my money). BTW, is their call center in the Philippines?

I couldn't believe how bad their service is - didn't think anyone could be as bad as Asus, but these guys are worse. I've had great service from Apple & Nokia in the past and wonder why companies don't emulate their model.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup spend about a half hour talking to somebody in Motorola regarding several issues. She informed me that because it was Sunday she couldn't access the phone inventory and would call me back Monday to discuss all my issues. It is now Tuesday afternoon no call back so far. Ridiculous.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yup spend about a half hour talking to somebody in Motorola regarding several issues. She informed me that because it was Sunday she couldn't access the phone inventory and would call me back Monday to discuss all my issues. It is now Tuesday afternoon no call back so far. Ridiculous.

Send me a PM with your order # and the type of issues you're having.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I agree. I've tried to order a phone through Motorola over four times without success and no one on the Customer Service side of things could help. I kept hearing that the issue would be escalated and I would hear from someone higher up the next day, but no one called me back. I spent over a week calling back to get the issue resolved (while Motorola hung on to my money). BTW, is their call center in the Philippines?

I couldn't believe how bad their service is - didn't think anyone could be as bad as Asus, but these guys are worse. I've had great service from Apple & Nokia in the past and wonder why companies don't emulate their model.

I'm not in customer service - but I care deeply about the phone and the company. (so i do this on my free time)

What were you trying to do? Do you have an order on hold? Send me a PM and i'll see what I can do to try and help.

- Lurker

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried ordering online many times yesterday and kept getting an error message about my credit card which is good. I now have four holds on my credit card and zero purchases...very frustrating to say the least!!

Oops, forgot to add that online chats are a waste of time, calling hasn't helped yet but I am waiting for a call back about the website issues...

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried ordering online many times yesterday and kept getting an error message about my credit card which is good. I now have four holds on my credit card and zero purchases...very frustrating to say the least!!

Oops, forgot to add that online chats are a waste of time, calling hasn't helped yet but I am waiting for a call back about the website issues...

I'm actually working on an issue with a Motorola guy on the Official Motorola forum. His name is Matt and he actually actually replies fairly fast.

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Matt's been around a long time, since the beginning of the Android device forums. He's a good guy and really goes the extra mile. Unfortunately, they haven't cloned Matt after all this time or at least made him head of Customer Service.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got an email today from the customer support operation manager to discuss my recent problems with customer care. Supposed to have a phone conversation tomorrow morning. Not that it will do much but I hope i can help shed a little light on what seems to be a much bigger issue

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Matt's been around a long time, since the beginning of the Android device forums. He's a good guy and really goes the extra mile. Unfortunately, they haven't cloned Matt after all this time or at least made him head of Customer Service.

Well Matt told me that he saw my point but actually didn't fix anything for me. So for what its worth I guess.

pinkunani

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Upon calling Motomaker support I have been told an email with redemption code has been sent to me . waited for 3 hours and did not get anything from Motorola .
Called them again and finally came to know nothing has been sent and it is still under process.
Just cancelled my order and a refund has been processed.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually working on an issue with a Motorola guy on the Official Motorola forum. His name is Matt and he actually actually replies fairly fast.

Thanks guys, I posted there late last night and Matt replied this morning saying he is looking into my issue asap. Hopefully he gets to the bottom of my issue, I have over $2000 tied up on pending holds that's now unavailable if I happen to need it.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a bad battery, what was wrong with yours?

Customer support sold the me the extended warranty. Took all of my CC info then nothing happened. Then I found out that I shouldn't have even been able to buy it because its only for at&t. The person that sold it to me said OK your all set knowing that I am Verizon. Moto service is overseas so I thought that I got scammed. Ended up having my amex shut off. Got in touch with Matt from Motorola who said that they have no record of my transaction. Then a few hours later he said that they found it under a different email but I only have one email...besides my military one and I never give that out.....and yes the moto website said nothing about just for at&t. Hours on the phone plus emails and shutting off my amex. Am I mad? Yes. Do I have Any issues with my moto x? No. But to tell you the truth, this thing is probably going back because these guys don't have a clue. I wanted to stick with it because of the american thing and I told them that but they wouldn't even insure my phone when their web site clearly didn't state that it was for any specific carrier. The american thing means that they glue a colored back to a phone made in China. Tech support is in India. The american thing is a sales tactic and a magazine add. People need to understand this. So its either the 5s or the nexus 5 or maybe even both. The moto x is a great phone but Motorola is not ready for the big time. In closing I told them, thanks for taking care of the military on 911. Made in the USA my a**. Sorry for the long rant but I wanted to love the company but they simply just can't support what they make.