new moto x update dramatically-improves-camera-quality

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This is awesome. Concerns answered and quicker than I expected.

Just waiting for Verizon motomaker and 32GB to pull the trigger.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It is good a manufacturer taking note to what was the most complaints and fixing them right away rather than making people wait for 2-3 updates to correct the issues. Also like the focus on the camera the most in the update. You usually don't see that much focus on the camera in updates.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My question is does this mean that all the Moto X phones there bang'n out of Texas will have this maintenance update installed on them? Or do they just keep rolling them out to VZW, TMo, Sprint, ATnT as is, then OTA them with the fix? I know a lot of U are waiting on the VZW and ATnT OTA's

Future VZW Moto X buyer...for sure

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My question is does this mean that all the Moto X phones there bang'n out of Texas will have this maintenance update installed on them? Or do they just keep rolling them out to VZW, TMo, Sprint, ATnT as is, then OTA them with the fix? I know a lot of U are waiting on the VZW and ATnT OTA's

Typically the latter is the case.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Welp, I've been stalking these forums for some time (posted once or twice) and was waiting to see if the update ever came to be. I'm convinced. Ordered my 32GB Moto X tonight (coming from the iPhone 5). I look forward to being a part of this community!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Welp, I've been stalking these forums for some time (posted once or twice) and was waiting to see if the update ever came to be. I'm convinced. Ordered my 32GB Moto X tonight (coming from the iPhone 5). I look forward to being a part of this community!

Glad to have you :)

XT1060. Through spacetime.

aspruil#CB

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

Don't be a noob. There not going to stop production and wait for all the carriers to send the update to them. OTA is simple and no way stop or delay there efforts in getting the customer there phones in a timely manner....

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Update looks awesome. They are on the right track. Now move customer service back to the USA and give us timely OS updates and they should slowly make a name for themselves again

Posted via Android Central App

And Moto Maker for every carrier, and realistic shipping times, and a decent off-contract price ftw!

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I've actually got a mixed bag of feelings about this update. First off I'm very pleased with the results we've seen so far with fixing some critical issues with the X. That said, I'm also a bit disappointed that the update didn't include 4.3 as that must mean they are still several weeks away from a 4.3 release. With HTC starting to release 4.3 to devices now, Samsung starting to release 4.3 to devices in October, I was really hoping that Motorola would surprise everyone and beat them all to the punch so to speak by starting a multi carrier rollout of 4.3 for the X.

For anyone who has installed the OTA, was the kernel updated?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've actually got a mixed bag of feelings about this update. First off I'm very pleased with the results we've seen so far with fixing some critical issues with the X. That said, I'm also a bit disappointed that the update didn't include 4.3 as that must mean they are still several weeks away from a 4.3 release. With HTC starting to release 4.3 to devices now, Samsung starting to release 4.3 to devices in October, I was really hoping that Motorola would surprise everyone and beat them all to the punch so to speak by starting a multi carrier rollout of 4.3 for the X.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm confident 4.3 will come along soon enough. I, for one, am just grateful that the one nitpicky issue with the X is being addressed right out of the gate.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either, like I said it's just a little disappointing is all. I don't really at this point "need" any of the 4.3 features over what we have in 4.2.2, several would be nice to get such as AVRCP 1.3 support for Bluetooth A2DP, OpenGL ES 3.0 support for graphics and the other various minor improvements to things like the garbage collector, project butter enhancements, etc... I did see though that on AOSP there are some new branches popping up so maybe Google is gearing up to drop 4.3.1 with a lot of bug fixes so Motorola decided to just push out this bug fix ota and will then resync their code with 4.3.1 and go straight to that?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either, like I said it's just a little disappointing is all. I don't really at this point "need" any of the 4.3 features over what we have in 4.2.2, several would be nice to get such as AVRCP 1.3 support for Bluetooth A2DP, OpenGL ES 3.0 support for graphics and the other various minor improvements to things like the garbage collector, project butter enhancements, etc... I did see though that on AOSP there are some new branches popping up so maybe Google is gearing up to drop 4.3.1 with a lot of bug fixes so Motorola decided to just push out this bug fix ota and will then resync their code with 4.3.1 and go straight to that?

Maybe 4.3 will come soon because the Dev build was leaked. That phone call issue and camera issue were deal breakers if Motorola didn't fix those problems promptly. I am actually surprised at how fast they rolled out a fix for those. The camera looks way better but still needs some tweaking. I can see purplish pink hue in some pictures, and low-low-light pictures look like it could use some improvements. Overall great job Motorola!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I happy for this update and will be even more happier when it comes to At&t. I'm not a big picture taker so the camera didn't bother like many, but I can notice the difference in the pics after the update, and they look much better.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm confident 4.3 will come along soon enough. I, for one, am just grateful that the one nitpicky issue with the X is being addressed right out of the gate.

2nd. I see time and time again people aren’t happy until it has 4.3, costs less. It’s like, c’mon, and until then, people are going to complain and be disappointed? Why be disappointed when you know it came out with 4.2, Google made it clear they won’t be treated differently and yet this expectation. Sh—y camera, they fixed it. Awesome. An expectation that the person you call can hear you, sure. If you promise something on such a such a general date/time, an expectation is in order. The phone has been out one month, moto never said 4.3 in that time, in fact, they made it clear people should *not* have that expectation.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Imagine the outcry if the opposite were true and they pushed 4.3 without a camera update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member