Has anyone used the Seidio SURFACE Case?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Link: Seidio SURFACE Case (with kickstand) for Motorola Moto X - Android Hard Cases - ShopAndroid

This seems like a pretty good deal they're running today, so wondering if I should grab one up. Is anyone else using this case?

I still don't have an X [Christmas hurry don't be late ;) ] but I am considering it. I've never had a case with a kickstand, but one of the things I hear peopel rave about the X is how it fits in your hand. I am concerned that the case would significantluy detract from that.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Bump. Wondering if this offers enough protection for a drop on the sidewalk. I just ordered one (after finally ordering the Moto X) but then found out about the Seidio Dilex (AKA Active - what's with the multiple names?), which looks a bit bulkier but more protective of drops.

I do like that people seem to like the soft touch of the Surface and definitely like that it seems to go in and out of a front pocket easily and that it doesn't add much bulk, but some day I am going to drop the phone so not sure it is enough.

EDIT: I've looked into the Dilex/Active online and it looks like it the silicone part collects lint and the hard shell may get caught in the pocket, so I will probably stick with the Surface, but still interested in opinions on either case.

(The Seidio Surface is the same case as the Best Buy Platinum Series.)

Last edited:

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice case but be forewarned, the rubber inner shell of the black is a lint magnet. You may want to go with a lighter color if you can't live with that. I've dropped the phone multiple times with it on and even in concrete it provides good protection and it's easy to put on and remove. I have and Otterbox as well and only put it on once. Just too bulky and difficult to remove and i don't see any real added benefit from those difficulties. The only thing i wish is that they would redesign the kickstand. It only works in landscape and the angle is pretty severe. It's only really useful for watching video.

Posted via Android Central App

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It's a nice case but be forewarned, the rubber inner shell of the black is a lint magnet. You may want to go with a lighter color if you can't live with that. I've dropped the phone multiple times with it on and even in concrete it provides good protection and it's easy to put on and remove. I have and Otterbox as well and only put it on once. Just too bulky and difficult to remove and i don't see any real added benefit from those difficulties. The only thing i wish is that they would redesign the kickstand. It only works in landscape and the angle is pretty severe. It's only really useful for watching video.

are you talking about the Surface or the Dilex/Active? Sounds like the latter, in which case that matches what I heard elsewhere about the lint.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well Shop Android sold it to me as a Surface but maybe they sent the wrong one? I don't even know what the difference is between them so.... Regardless it's been my go to since I got it.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just looked at the link above and it is a Dilex. I'm glad they did send the wrong one. As banged up as my phone gets on jobsites I don't think and all plastic case would do it for me, so I guess my review was for the wrong case.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a Seidio for an old phone. Nice form factor to it, but what I didn't like is lint and dust getting under the case actually put micro scratches all over the back of the phone. You might want to keep an eye out for that although the X back is more soft, rubbery than my old high gloss plastic type backing.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely loved my Seidio Surface for my GNex. But the Seidio Surface for the GNex was a candy shell, not a slider like the one for the Moto X and since the GNex had a removable battery and I would switch out batteries, I snapped it taking it on and off all the time.

The feel of the Seidio Surface was so nice. Loved it!

The only reason I didn't go with a Seidio Surface for my Moto X was the holster - I had 2 and both of them the spring clips snapped. They lasted about a year each but I didn't think that was long enough for the price of the holster. I need a holster so I went with the Pure Gear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch