If anyone is actually still interested in user reviews..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
On another note, day 4 with my Moto X and this little thing is growing on me! I slammed it with phones calls etc today and it just keeps going! I did not think I would do the "OK Google Now" thing but it is quite useful and pretty neat!

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
On another note, day 4 with my Moto X and this little thing is growing on me! I slammed it with phones calls etc today and it just keeps going! I did not think I would do the "OK Google Now" thing but it is quite useful and pretty neat!

Do you find the size ok for browsing etc? I had an htc one and it has the danger screen size, but this phone just seems small. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a huge phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you find the size ok for browsing etc? I had an htc one and it has the danger screen size, but this phone just seems small. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a huge phone.

Getting more used to it but there is no question that coming from a 5 inch S4 screen that it takes a bit of getting used to. Also the actual screen on the moto X is reduced a bit due to the onscreen buttons. you can browse with it but not like a 5 inch + phone or tablet.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I think its a perfect size screen ,but then i never had a phone with any bigger screen,coming from Galaxy Nexus and S3. I thought the htc one had the same size screen just the speakers on top and bottom made phone bigger ?
I have a few friends with the note 2 and that phone is just to big for my taste.Plus it looks funny if someone is talking holding it up to their ear if they arent using bluetooth device lol. But thats just how I roll :)

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I am on day 5-6 with my Moto X. I couldn't be happier, I had an G pro 5.5", S4 5", and every iPhone ever made and I think the Moto is great for browsing and everything else.
When I put both my iPhone and Moto on the same web page side by side, the Moto looks so much bigger despite not being a very large device.

I can't say enough good things about this phone. Best android phone I have tried so far. I am actually thinking of selling my iPhone now.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comment on the screen size. I'm sure having a tough time deciding between the moto x and the lg g2. I've played around with both and I can't tell. The G2 seems so fast and the screen is a great size. However, I can't get over the software features of the x. I wonder why the developer edition is still running4.2.2 instead of 4.3.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why the developer edition is still running4.2.2 instead of 4.3.

They're all running 4.2.2. Are you thinking of a Google Play edition? Moto hasn't made one of those. The Developer editions are exactly like the carrier versions aside from having an unlockable bootloader and 32GB of internal storage.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, Im currently on the "get an android" fence but the moto x is really intriguing me. I currently have an iphone 4s and I am ready to move on.
Do you see any need to get the 32gig moto x model over the 16 gig one? other than having a large photo and music library? I have always had 16 gig phones (iphone 1, 3gs, 4s) but I like the idea of having more space to apps and data. I know its a personal choice but all the $99 sales I see like from bestbuy are only for the 16 gig moto x model.
To those of you that have this phone and this is only really a question from a guy like me who has yet to jump into the fray, would it be wise and wait for the new nexus 5 or the moto x with its muiti cores and dsp still be a better phone than the leaked nexus 5 specs? I know its not officially announced yet but I waited this long ..

I have been driving my wife nuts with online video reviews of the moto x so something has to give soon ! lol. Thanks. Doug

I just picked up a new Moto X yesterday at BB for my wife for $99 and I think it'll be the perfect phone for her needs. At that price, it's a great deal. One thing to consider is that with the Moto X, it comes with 2 years of free Google Drive cloud storage of 50 GB making the 16 GB on board storage a bit less of an issue. While only having spent 1 day with it, I've been quite impressed with the phone thus far. Fast, smooth, nice display, ergonomics, speaker volume, Moto software, overall user experience...all excellent.

I have played with the G2 as well and it's truly a spec beast. If the N5 comes close to it, it'll be an impressive phone without the G2 skin which I think it's a bit overblown. If you've waited this long, I'd probably wait and see what the N5 has to offer, then make your decision. The N5 should be released within the next few weeks it sounds like.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
They're all running 4.2.2. Are you thinking of a Google Play edition? Moto hasn't made one of those. The Developer editions are exactly like the carrier versions aside from having an unlockable bootloader and 32GB of internal storage.

I know that, but updates will come straight from Google instead of being slowed down by the carrier.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I know that, but updates will come straight from Google instead of being slowed down by the carrier.

Actually they will come from Motorola. Google gives Motorola the base code, and then add the touchless control features, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually they will come from Motorola. Google gives Motorola the base code, and then add the touchless control features, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The GSM one will come through Moto presumably, but I'd assume the Verizon dev edition updates come through Verizon. The only devices with updates from Google are Nexus. Even the GPe devices get their updates from the OEM, but developer editions don't typically get updates that much sooner than any other versions.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The GSM one will come through Moto presumably, but I'd assume the Verizon dev edition updates come through Verizon. The only devices with updates from Google are Nexus. Even the GPe devices get their updates from the OEM, but developer editions don't typically get updates that much sooner than any other versions.

The GPe devices do get updated from their OEM and then Google pushes them to the phones. The GPe's had the updates to 4.3 in about 10 days after the nexus devices began to push. The post 4.3 updates were about the same.

The GPe devices have shown they will be updated in a timely manner. Not sure about the moto developers edition. I would feel better about it it it was on 4.3 since it has been out for a few months now.

Sent from my Moto X

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The GPe devices do get updated from their OEM and then Google pushes them to the phones. The GPe's had the updates to 4.3 in about 10 days after the nexus devices began to push. The post 4.3 updates were about the same.

The GPe devices have shown they will be updated in a timely manner. Not sure about the moto developers edition. I would feel better about it it it was on 4.3 since it has been out for a few months now.

Sent from my Moto X

I haven't seen any OEM rush Dev edition updates. That's what I'm trying to say.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Very nice review. I have the same phone & device addition. I currently have the Moto X and the G2 and the Moto X is still my favorite. The only things I like on the G3 better are the LCD screen for viewing in sunlight and the battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38