Moto Maker for all US carriers

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I called Motorola today for a couple of questions I had for them and one of them was in regard to the Moto Maker availability for Verizon. The support person actually informed me that they just recently got an email update concerning the Moto Maker availability and let me know that the Moto Maker option will be available sometime before or during the holiday season this year to all US carriers carrying the Moto X. Definitely some exciting news!

Posted via Android Central App

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! I called Motorola today for a couple of questions I had for them and one of them was in regard to the Moto Maker availability for Verizon. The support person actually informed me that they just recently got an email update concerning the Moto Maker availability and let me know that the Moto Maker option will be available sometime before or during the holiday season this year to all US carriers carrying the Moto X. Definitely some exciting news!

November 11th is the rumored launch.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Man, i didn't think i would but i actually really want a hot pink phone. Grrr. Even if I were to do another $100 rebate on the moto maker version and sell my black and white phone, after tax and activation fee, no way I even come close to within an extra $50 for getting the moto maker. Grrrr. *heart breaking a little*

Stupid ebay and their 13% paypal + sell fees. :p!

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
at this point i love my black woven design, it feels real nice in hands. i dont need childish colors to stand out and be compared to apples fruity pastel colors. i just want my damn update to fix the voice call issues (i know, sorry guys, a lot of u must hate me for expressing this on almost every thread lol)

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
at this point i love my black woven design, it feels real nice in hands. i dont need childish colors to stand out and be compared to apples fruity pastel colors. i just want my damn update to fix the voice call issues (i know, sorry guys, a lot of u must hate me for expressing this on almost every thread lol)

I like the black phone. I would like red or green acents, but that's hardly important. I agree, the software update is far more important.

Posted via Android Central App and the Moto X

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This isn't any different than what was announced at launch though.

Still "coming soon" with no official date.

kevin.slawinski

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to motomaker. Question for someone who has a motomaker X. What feel/material is the back of the phone? I've only handled a woven black one in a store.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to motomaker. Question for someone who has a motomaker X. What feel/material is the back of the phone? I've only handled a woven black one in a store.

Don't the Moto Maker displays at AT&T stores use the same exact materials as what's shipped? IIRC, they're out in the open and you could feel each one.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

The soft touch is only for like 3 or 4 colors. There is a description for each color at the top. One says smooth surface the other is soft touch which is like the woven or new nexus 7.

I ordered the matte black back with soft touch. Apple folks love the feel of it. My first X had a cement back and holy **** it was slippery.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The soft touch is only for like 3 or 4 colors. There is a description for each color at the top. One says smooth surface the other is soft touch which is like the woven or new nexus 7.

I ordered the matte black back with soft touch. Apple folks love the feel of it. My first X had a cement back and holy **** it was slippery.

I recall it being the other way around, fewer had the less soft backs. Or maybe the fewer were just rougher or something and more of them smoother slightly more rubbery feeling to the touch.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
According to the Moto Maker site

Soft, Non-slip backs are Navy, Olive, Royal Blue, Woven Black, Black, Crimson and Cabernet. (7 total)

Smooth backs are Turquiose, Mint, Spearmint, Woven White, Cement, Chalk, Cherry, Lemon Lime, Violet, Blush and Raspberry. (11 total)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't the Moto Maker displays at AT&T stores use the same exact materials as what's shipped? IIRC, they're out in the open and you could feel each one.

They are indeed available for prospective buyers to touch and fondle. It was great. Now if only Verizon would get on board. :(

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
According to the Moto Maker site

Soft, Non-slip backs are Navy, Olive, Royal Blue, Woven Black, Black, Crimson and Cabernet. (7 total)

Smooth backs are Turquiose, Mint, Spearmint, Woven White, Cement, Chalk, Cherry, Lemon Lime, Violet, Blush and Raspberry. (11 total) .

Thanks. Man, my touch deceives me, wth. lol.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty