windy day ..augmented reality app by motorola for moto x

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I enjoyed the video, but part of the time I was having to put my phone behind me to keep up. I think you're suppose to do it standing (with nothing to trip over!)

The best part was looking around at stuff other than the hat while it played, the tornado bit was great.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to download over Wi-Fi only. I've I can get connected to Wi-Fi, in sure I'll get it. Anyone get it without Wi-Fi?

Posted via Android Central App
Been on WiFi's most of the day as others have said looks like its hit or miss.
Oh well if nothing happens today I will just delete the update ,then disable it :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't get it to work - what's the trick.

From what i read in reviews and this thread.Should see a lil red hat float across your screen and land on the back button.Then by touching it that gets you into it.Until that happens your stuck .

sent from Moto X

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to feel left out about. It's a very stupid little game where all you do is try to follow a moving red hat by moving your phone around. The animation is very rudimentary. I guess a kid or some one who's had a little of the ganga might like it though. It kept me interested for 26 seconds. Maybe I'll try the ganga prep next time....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I watched it about an hour ago. It is fun. Animation/humor is along the lines of Looney Tunes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Fell asleep watching Halloween movie .Then woke up and hat was on my back button ,touched hat and watched it.
.Hopefully others who wanted to see it have as well.

sent from Moto X

Last edited:

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Some orange hat blew by my screen this morning, I thought it was a virus and freaked out. Clicked it and it went to "Motorola Spotlight" app (whatever that is), so I promptly uninstalled that app.

This is the kind of manufacturer bloat that draws people to the Nexus devices. I thought the Moto X offered a pseudo-Nexus experience, but having this distracting app thing pushed to my phone changed my thoughts on the matter. Hope Moto doesn't pull any more of this crap in the future.

It was cool - 360 degree animation.

What a laugh, calling it bloat and distracting. With all of the time wasters most people participate in, this was minor. The app succeeded in its mission, it put a big smile on my face this morning.

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I think everybody got this but me. Is there a trick to getting the red hat? And yes, I have a Moto X (Verizon) and have the Spotlight widget on my home screen (not sure if that makes a difference).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think everybody got this but me. Is there a trick to getting the red hat? And yes, I have a Moto X (Verizon) and have the Spotlight widget on my home screen (not sure if that makes a difference).
No "trick" to getting the red hat.The spotlight widget is all ya need on your phone .The red hat part just happens ,it will land on your back button if you miss it floating down.I didnt see it floating down just saw it on my back button.You need to be on WiFi's I think tho for it to happen.
I thought I was the last one to get it didnt happen to me till 11 pm last night.Given time it will happen tho

I think they are rolling it out in stages. I got mine overnight

Sent from my XT1058
Yup thats my guess too

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You have to be on Wi-Fi to play? Or does it download over Wi-Fi, and after that it'll always be there?

If you turn off Wi-Fi, will the hat change to Wi-Fi symbol?

Posted via Android Central App

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the splash screen said something about downloading content automatically when you were on wifi. I'm guessing your icon means there is one available.

Sounds like this will be one of many by the looks of the distribution system.

Sent from my XT1058