Custom Launchers / Active Notifications

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use a custom launcher (Nova, Go Launcher, etc.) or custom lock screen (Widget Locker) on their Moto X? I was curious if it had any ill effect on Activie Notifications or any other of Motorola's added features.

Thanks!

rastataoist

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Aviate on my Moto X and it doesn't effect the active notifications or touch less controls.
You can use lockscreen widgets or apps, but I honestly haven't seen my lock screen in forever.

Posted via Android Central App

Lucidlore

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use a custom launcher (Nova, Go Launcher, etc.) or custom lock screen (Widget Locker) on their Moto X? I was curious if it had any ill effect on Activie Notifications or any other of Motorola's added features.

Thanks!

I use nova and have not noticed any ill-effects whatsoever.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

My wife has a Moto X but won't let me do anything to it, so she's just using the stock launcher. I read a lot of forums, articles and reviews though to keep up on capabilities of the phone and tips and tricks. From what I've read, custom launchers don't have any negative impacts on Active Notifications, however custom lockscreen applications might. There is a new beta lockscreen app called "Cover" that changes your lockscreen contextually based upon your location. Someone that installed "Cover" said that when notifications arrived, they had to unlock the cover lockscreen before they could see the Active Notification screen. Again, this is something I read though, not something that I have experienced personally firsthand.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Aviate and waiting for an invite to cover.

I used Nova forever and loved it but I'm addicted to the simplicity of Aviate. If cover comes around soon I'll go back to Nova maybe and try cover with it.

Aviate works fine with active notifications and I use Utter! In place of Google now when I'm driving.

Posted via my MotoX

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is interested, I have the apk. for Cover.

I haven't used it yet. I just got it last night. I'm going to load it up and use it with Nova Prime in a bit.

If anyone's wanting it pm me and I'll send em out tonight when I get home from work. Might not be till close to 7pm

Posted via my MotoX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87