Customize Touchless Control?

brendilon

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
In the Molto X v. Nexus 5 review Jerry said you can change the "Ok Google Now" Touch less Control activation phrase. I haven't seen any way too do this, has anyone else?

Winter is coming. She's quite the screamer.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I know I've been saying this like I'm paid to....
Utter works perfectly even reading back texts. Way better than Google now and I hate saying that. ......
No I'm not being paid to say it

Posted via my MotoX

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You can use ok Google and it'll work. Re train it saying just that. It might not pick it up each time but it'll eventually give in more or less and you can then just say ok Google

Posted via Android Central App

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I know I've been saying this like I'm paid to....
Utter works perfectly even reading back texts. Way better than Google now and I hate saying that. ......
No I'm not being paid to say it

Posted via my MotoX

I like Utter what does that have to do with OP's question?

And yea, I was able to re-train it just "OK Google". Took a few tries but it eventually worked.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Considering he asked how to change the phrase to activate touchless controls, it pertains to his question very much. Utter is very customizable, including the phrase to wake.

How else can I help you?

Posted via my MotoX

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Considering he asked how to change the phrase to activate touches controls, it pertains to his question very much. Utter is very customizable, including the phrase to wake.

How else can I help you?

Posted via my MotoX

You mentioned reading back texts so I thought you might've posted in the wrong thread by mistake. My bad.

The problem with Utter and any other 3rd party voice assistant app is that it doesn't utilize the low-power, natural language processor on the Moto X. If you use the wake up function in Utter, I found that there's significant battery drain from it. If you don't use it, it's fine.

But like I said, it's a great app and I use it on my S3 all the time.

Dave7744

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I trained my x to answer to "OK moto" but it didn't work as well. I gave up went back to ok Google.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89